• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] About the Scroll of Town Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
hey anybody knows how to work the scroll of town portal with the following adds:

-can teleport to any friendly-owned buildings (e.g farm, tomb or relics, etc.)

-the hero casting the scroll can be hit or stun like the one used in "Staff of Teleportation"

-the hero can cancel(stop, move) like the one used in "Staff of Teleportation"

-when target to a picked building, it can still continue its structure abilities(e.g. train peasants, call to arms, upgrade, etc) and doesn't have the invulnerable part for the hero and the building

-when being cast, its Art - Area of Effect should have a team color of the matched player (e.g Red Player uses the scroll, so it should be red)

anyone that can help me work this out or tab it in GUI, I highly appreciate it :)

EDIT: I'm not talking about DotA's version, cause its very different and slightly similar to what I'm explaining

Last edited:

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
I recommend using the staff of teleportation, and when it is cast issue a "stop" order to the caster, and then do the following actions:

Keep the hero doing nothing for a few seconds (a dummy channeling ability might help here)
Create the dummy unit at the structure, you will need its pathing set to "none" in object editor.
Attach the teleporting effect to the dummy.
After the few seconds are up, destroy the effect, destroy the dummy and move the caster to the building.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
The thing is that you probably thought this was a simple request, but it is much more complex than you thought it would be.

I will re-phrase, but I am trying to follow the philosophy of not "completely giving" the answer and doing all the work for you.

1. Import the dummy.MDX file (from the map I linked you to)
2. When a unit uses Staff of Teleportation on a building, order the unit to stop. This will cancel the Staff of Teleportation.
3. Pause the unit for the duration you want him to channel the ability (just an example, you can choose something other than pausing the unit if you still want him to be able to cancel his scroll).
4. Create the dummy unit which has the dummy.MDX model file
5. Attach the teleporting effect to his "origin" point.
6. You can set the dummy unit's vertex coloring to change the color of the teleporting effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.