• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

invisible terrain elevation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hiya

This is what happens when I open my map using WE to test it in game. Tried adding elevation then removing it, reseting height fields, replacing tiles etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

thqyox65tco2.jpg

Level 2
Ok that's wierd you sure there isn't a path blocker?
No, I was just placing terrain. Raised global elevation level by 2 once to be able to make a sea and lakes. Also adjusted the width of the muddy path you can see on the image etc. According to WE, the terrain is completely flat.

Sent a small part of the map to Dr Super Good for further inspection. Thanks guys.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Its the shadow elevation layer (which WE fails to let you modify well) which is bugged. Move units over that area and notice how their shadows mess up and display the ingame anomily. The target system happens to use that layer so also bugs. I think what happened was you used to have very high elevation water, which you removed but the shadow layer became stuck as if there was water there. Only way I currently can think of to fix it is to bulldoze the entire map area which is broken to minimum elevation deep water and rebuild the terrain. If you are a good programmer you should be able to write a script to fix it via simply deleting that part of the map data or setting it to 0 or recalculating it (one of these will do it).

Status
Not open for further replies.