• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible Platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi good people of hive! I'm trying to make a bridge using invisible platforms but when a unit walks on it the camera zooms in and i cant see the unit anymore. Is there a way to fix this kind of problem?

Level 11
Hi good people of hive! I'm trying to make a bridge using invisible platforms but when a unit walks on it the camera zooms in and i cant see the unit anymore. Is there a way to fix this kind of problem?
You need increase Camera paramateres like distance.
Create periodic trigger which will set every 0.01 sec camera distance to X (standard distance is about 1600). where X is real variable. You can also change other camera parameters like height, angle etc.

Level 4
Been experimenting with that and the view ends up focused on the same spot. Also if you raise the height offset it goes way too far when stepping on normal terrain.

Level 10

Do you use any camera system? Naturally the camera never zooms in automatically
Untitled.png

Level 10
No i havent used camera systems yet and i raised the invisible platform high like really high

Then the easiest way is to set a camera height by command:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Height Offset to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds

Type -cam 330 will set the camera higher for player.

If you want it to be more automatic, experiment more and find the appropriate height. Then set a region and change it when a player's unit enters (just an idea, not test yet).

Level 4
Then the easiest way is to set a camera height by command:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Height Offset to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) over 0.00 seconds

Type -cam 330 will set the camera higher for player.

If you want it to be more automatic, experiment more and find the appropriate height. Then set a region and change it when a player's unit enters (just an idea, not test yet).

Yeah i tried setting height using periodic timers and it works fine except when walking on invisible platforms it zooms in. You could try raising the platform really high and tell me what you think

Level 4
Yes, but don't forget. Mouse wheel scroll returns everything back to normal camera values. You need to store real = camera height and periodic event 001 which will keep camera height you want.

Yes thats im doing atm and works fine. Its the invisible platform that keeps zooming when s unit walk on it.

Level 10
Yeah i tried setting height using periodic timers and it works fine except when walking on invisible platforms it zooms in. You could try raising the platform really high and tell me what you think

I tried it and I only saw my hero disappear from the screen due to changing height, not "zooming". Untitled.jpg

I don't think you want to understand, with that trigger,you LET the player set camera height BY themselves.

Periodic trigger setting camera height needs variables, that's why it is call automatic. By doing this, you need ZLibrary to get the UnitZ and set the camera height accordingly.

Level 4
I tried it and I only saw my hero disappear from the screen due to changing height, not "zooming". View attachment 255945

I don't think you want to understand, with that trigger,you LET the player set camera height BY themselves.

Periodic trigger setting camera height needs variables, that's why it is call automatic. By doing this, you need ZLibrary to get the UnitZ and set the camera height accordingly.

Havent tried using variables yet but i will do that. Try raising a terrain really high and connect the invisible platform, thats what i did and to make things a little bit far away i set the height offset just right but when walking on a platform the camera gets closer. Will post test map as soon as i get off the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.