• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisible Platform? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello. Again!

So, there's this neat little thing in my bridges/ramps section called an Invisible Platform and a small version as well. The model is uh... invisible, obviously.

I tried to play with it and all it seems to do is act like a pathing blocker, and impede my forward progress. I tried sinking it into the ground a ways, floating it up a ways, and yeah, just gets in the way, with no real use that I can tell.

Here's why I ask...

I was initially assuming that this was kind of like an invisible bridge. And that I could drop this sucker on top of some water and have it act like a bridge, but the problem lies in the fact that it's acting like a pathing blocker for me. Was my assumption wrong?

Also, I never noticed it before, so if this is some kind of custom doodad or something, that'd be nice to know. ;)

Level 15
I was initially assuming that this was kind of like an invisible bridge. And that I could drop this sucker on top of some water and have it act like a bridge

This is exactly what it does. Unfortunately I don't know why it's acting like a pathing blocker for you, so I can't help you there.

Generally people use invisible platforms on staircases that they've constructed or across custom bridges that aren't pre-pathed like the blizzard ones.

GL :)

EDIT - btw, if your using the invisible platforms as a bridge to go across a water source (like say a river) the invisible platforms have to continue far enough onto land for the units to get on them otherwise the units will just stop at the cliff edge

Level 12
It's on an L bend. And when I reach the corner (Where the edge of the "bridge" is) it's like hitting a pathing blocker, doesn't allow me on it. I'm assuming that this means I'm hitting the rail of the bridge (so to speak) in this case then? Perhaps I should use small ones instead of big ones, then. I'll fiddle with that, thanks.

PS: ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD!!!

EDIT: Now, only issue is I walk in water, but that's actually fortuitous in this case.

Level 12
Well, didn't know those were included in that, thanks, Pharoh.

Would have saved me a lot of frustration had I known those were included there, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.