• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisibility Skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The base of this spell is a normal summon units spell. But when it is casts i want the caster to turn invisible (windwalk). I cant figure out a way to make him cast it. Do i need to create a dummy and have the dummy cast invisibility on him.

I know it needs to be triggered but i have no idea where to start in regards to the -actions.

Level 24
You want to create summon then turn invisible?

Use windwalk first and foremost, because triggering a critical hit after breaking invisibility would be tricky, while summoning a unit is easy peasy.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Some Spell
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create Y unit type at Point offset by 75 towards facing of (triggering unit)
    • Unit - Set expiration timer X seconds for last created unit
    • Unit - Add Classification of "Summoned" to (last creted unit) //This is important if you want dispel to damage it//
    • Special Effect - create "Summonerbear" at "origin" of (last created unit)
    • Special Effect - Destroy (Last Created Special Effect)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

lol re-read your post, above is still useful if you are still wanting windwalk's 'ignoring unit collision' and 'crit strike first hit' effect.

More in line with yours original post though would be:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Some Spell
  • Actions
    • Set Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Create Y (Dummy Unit with zero cast time) unit type at Point facing god knows where
    • Unit - Add Dummy Invisibility
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Sorceress - Invisibility (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Set expiration timer .5 seconds for (last created unit)
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)

Last edited:
Level 7
you can have windwalk as the ability that triggers an item to be given to the hero, the item's action(effect) is to summon something

Status
Not open for further replies.