• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Unsolved] Inventory-based ability tooltip problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hello. I'm using a inventory item based ability system in my map but the problem is that the tooltips of these items aren't showing their (mineral or vespene) costs. I've enabled the "Show Resources" tickbox in the button tooltip flags, item flags and in the caster unit flags but it isn't still showing.

Currently I'm using tooltip icons and catalog references to show the cost but it doesn't look similar to the real command card ability tooltip (text doesn't turn red when the caster has insufficient minerals and the icons and text are slightly out of alignment).

That's a problem because the command card abilities are next to the item abilities and I want them to look the same. I wonder if anyone knows how to make the item ability costs visible without my DIY-solution or has a better solution? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Level 9
i doubt it, but you could try something. (should work)

create a new layoutfile, find your itembutton and add a (image) ressource-icon and (frame) label to it. setting the anchor as done in resourceicon of the command buttons relativ to your itembutton. you can hook them with triggers later and set the image (minerals, gas, hide completely) and amount (and colour). at least it should look exactly like the others but doesn't update automatically).
still a workaround though.

Level 8
No luck, it doesn't let me create tooltip frames in the UI editor. It gives an error that says tooltip-type frames are marked as Blizzard-only and cannot be changed. Creating a image directly in the button frame will put in top of the button icon and that's not what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.