1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Interested in Helping in the Conversion of Maps

Discussion in 'The 2 Player Campaign' started by jaydak, Sep 19, 2016.

1. jaydak

jaydak

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi all,

Firstly, I'd just like to give a big thank you to everybody who has worked on the coop campaign project/s in the past. It has been an absolute blast to run through the campaigns with many of my friends, over the years (one at a time, of course!), and I keep coming back to check up on how the project is doing -- even after all these years since its conception.

The Wc3 campaign is wonderful with a friend and I'm super excited to be able to play through more of the levels cooperatively! I'm making this post because, as you may have figured out from the title, I'll be coming into a large pool of time near the end of the year and would love to help see the project through the finish line. That said my familiarity with the map editor doesn't extend far beyond idle tinkerings from years ago, but with some determination and my IT background I hope to be able to make a contribution of some kind(1).

With all of that said, I would kindly ask for anybody actively (or semi-actively) working on the Wc3 coop campaign maps to make a note here of what the maps are (or PM me, if that's your preference), just so that I can avoid stepping on anybody else's toes! Please also let me know if there's anything I should know about processes and/or procedures around here -- I'm fairly new to this corner of Hive!

Thanks once again!

(1) - I have already extracted the original maps from the MPQs and am currently familiarising myself with systems (such as the save/load) in the existing coop campaigns, so I'm not totally fresh -- although I absolutely would love to hear from anybody experienced with tips or suggestions.

Edit: Added clearer meanings and removed minor redundancies

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  2. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi, thanks for sticking through! At the moment, I am the only one working on the project, albeit not so much in the summer. As for helping, you are welcome to do so, whether it be by playtesting and reporting bugs, giving suggestions or having a go on some of the maps. Basically, anything you want.
    At the moment I am working on the last night elf chapter and then will be focused on updating most (if not all) ROC maps (bugfixes, new save/load, re-add tomes)