• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Interested in Helping in the Conversion of Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi all,

Firstly, I'd just like to give a big thank you to everybody who has worked on the coop campaign project/s in the past. It has been an absolute blast to run through the campaigns with many of my friends, over the years (one at a time, of course!), and I keep coming back to check up on how the project is doing -- even after all these years since its conception.

The Wc3 campaign is wonderful with a friend and I'm super excited to be able to play through more of the levels cooperatively! I'm making this post because, as you may have figured out from the title, I'll be coming into a large pool of time near the end of the year and would love to help see the project through the finish line. That said my familiarity with the map editor doesn't extend far beyond idle tinkerings from years ago, but with some determination and my IT background I hope to be able to make a contribution of some kind(1).

With all of that said, I would kindly ask for anybody actively (or semi-actively) working on the Wc3 coop campaign maps to make a note here of what the maps are (or PM me, if that's your preference), just so that I can avoid stepping on anybody else's toes! Please also let me know if there's anything I should know about processes and/or procedures around here -- I'm fairly new to this corner of Hive!

Thanks once again!

(1) - I have already extracted the original maps from the MPQs and am currently familiarising myself with systems (such as the save/load) in the existing coop campaigns, so I'm not totally fresh -- although I absolutely would love to hear from anybody experienced with tips or suggestions.

Edit: Added clearer meanings and removed minor redundancies

Last edited:
Level 19
Hi, thanks for sticking through! At the moment, I am the only one working on the project, albeit not so much in the summer. As for helping, you are welcome to do so, whether it be by playtesting and reporting bugs, giving suggestions or having a go on some of the maps. Basically, anything you want.
At the moment I am working on the last night elf chapter and then will be focused on updating most (if not all) ROC maps (bugfixes, new save/load, re-add tomes)

Status
Not open for further replies.