• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Installed WCIII through launcher, lost content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Initially, I loaded up my original disks for III and FT, and downloaded some custom campaigns. I also played some missions and whatnot of the original campaign and had save files. I couldn't actually play the custom campaigns because it kept giving me some errors. I heard that using the WCIII launcher to install the game via battlenet would solve the problems. That didn't happen, of course, since, even though the save files and everything are in the directory for WCIII, neither they nor the custom campaigns show up in the game.

Any suggestions?

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:
Level 2
Ok, so there is a warcraft iii folder in the Documents section, but there's no section for save files, either in the WCIII folder, or outside, as indicated by the blizzard support link.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Please be sure that you are using v1.30.2 (note: Windows XP and Vista are not supported anymore).

Also please disable any compatibility mode(s) for the game and/or for the installer, as they may interfere with the installation/migration process. Running as admin can help, but should not be mandatory anymore with the latest versions of the game.

Tell the installer to repair your installation of the game.

Starting with v1.30.0, Blizzard moved from the MPQ format to the CASC format. Therefore please backup these files in case you would need them someday(?).

Your valid CD-Keys should be attached to your Battle.net account before performing the operations above.

Level 2
Users/"your profile name folder" (or try Public)/Documents/Warcraft III.
I'm talking about the disk where your operating system is.

If not, then reinstall your game.

qY7n2pK.png

So I guess I'll have to reinstall, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.