• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Input Lag, Its causes, and how I should stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Ok I have a Wintermaul map which I have added several rather complex races to. However the map is overcome with a serious problem which worsens the longer you play a single game. The problem is 'input lag'. What I mean is that the game seems to be going normally, but any input you give the game (orders, pings, game commands) take up to 30 seconds to happen. Sometimes as long as a minute can pass before a unit you ordered to build something even moves.
I believe the cause of this is the build up of 'A unit is attacked' event/condition checks. I've come to this conclusion because an untriggered race with very high attack speeds turned out seriously add to the amount of 'input lag'. There are 30+ Attack actions, each with a set of conditions. However I'm at a loss for what I should do about it.
Matter of fact I'm not even sure I've pinpointed the correct problem. Can anyone list possible causes/fixes for this?

Level 3
if there's a large lag from user input the most likely problem is latency, if there's slow gameplay and choppy fps it's probably a memory leak, make sure none of your triggers are "every 0.00 seconds" and upgrade from net-zero

Level 11
There is no problem with latency or slow fps. The game is perfectly fine and gets worse as time goes on. I'm pretty sure its got to do with large amounts of 'unit is attacked' events, and I'm wondering how to clean them up.

I know there is no problem with latency because we are playing LAN with a 1GPS connection between us.

Status
Not open for further replies.