1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

IniquitPestilant.BLP

Submitted by shiiK
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[Major Update]
* Remade head, added some more detail here and there.

Here's one ugly beast. The face was somewhat of a joke, but I decided to go with it. The wrap is really bad, so there's a few glitches; they won't really show up in-game, though.

I'm doing a full race of nether beasts that I've called Iniquit, after iniquitous. They take control of beasts that roam the surface world through a virus that alters their DNA and enslaves them.

This is the Pestilant. Feedback highly appreciated!

I appreciate being credited for my work, so if you use this resource, please do.
You may modify this resource in any way you see fit, and use it for custom models, but I would appreciate if you link back to this resource or mention my name if you upload the custom model anywhere.

More previews
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Enjoy.

Keywords:
hydralisk, beast, ranged, pestilant, bloody, ugly, iniquit, alien, demon, underworld, nether, shiiK
Contents

Iniquit - The Pestilant (Texture)

Reviews
08:50, 23rd Oct 2011 67chrome: The blade-things on the back look a little plain, and the wrap work on the face looks like it could use a little tinkering here and there, but overall this is pretty creative and turned out pretty good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey, I just noticed a thing: that gray orb on the top of his head is a little cut-out, and it should be orange like the rest of them.

2. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should be tortured for this grave face change mistake!
    (<3)

3. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Succsex, 4\5. Scrap those big dots on the front or underside of the tail, they wrap really bad.

4. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Hydralisk model does not support TC, so I can't possibly add TC to it, Kam.
    The "orbs" on the front wrap exactly how I want them to, Riot, I can't see the problem. On the shoulder, however, now that is a mess.

It's cut off because that's how the model works and there's no way to alpha it, and it's grey because it's not an "orb", it's more of a blade-thing like those on the back. Kind of useless, but I needed some variation on the head.

5. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

The areas highlighted in yellow are the areas I think require work, they are perfect in every way but the wrap. I think on the bottom ones, it would be a lot better if it was just the color on the creature, as the stretchiness of the wrap wouldn't be too noticeable that way.
    The circular designs don't wrap well on a model with this many corners and crevices I'd say.

6. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hidraulisk model, among many others, races with an advantage for the trickiest unwrap. There is not as single thing you can do about team color, alpha sucks and goes wrong whenever you try to use it, and the model stretches and shrinks what it shouldn't. This is made in a quite stunning way, considering the issues I mentioned above, xRiotZx.

7. RiotZ

RiotZ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Lightening up on the style would definitely help this out, those circular things have unsightly bad wraps on the shoulder and behind the head.

In hindsight the ones on the tail don't look too bad.

8. Warimathas

Warimathas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Any way to download the old one with the big face? This one's cool but I'd love if you could send me a link to download the joke one :p

9. shiiK

shiiK

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Attached the old version, didn't test, though, so it may be a WIP.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Gen Bloodhorn

Gen Bloodhorn

Resources:
    Resources:
    i cant sleep when ived dl it and used it in model editor.
    creepy big face.and i say :goblin_jawdrop: 5/5 for your skin :goblin_jawdrop:

11. Crayons

Crayons

Resources:
    Resources:
    wha? I lurve that faic. It represents the concept moar.

12. Adaethus

Adaethus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love your style shiiK. :)

13. razman

razman

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think u need to highlight the claws a bit more but it really good!

14. Hate

Hate

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    awesome)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.