• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ingame Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I know it's possible to have a custom map map inside a map, you know the map that shows when u are actualy inside the game.
I'm NOT talking about a minimappreview u get at start.

I know how to apply such a ingame map (I read it somewhere and I can look it up again if i search for some days.. xd.)

Question 1: What is the path you need to set this map for ingame?

Question 2: The image can be a TGA file, right?

Question 3: Is it possible to have multiple of these map images, and can you change it during the game?

- Thanks in advance.

Level 17
Yes, it did explain about the mappreview, yet if u would have read my tread more carefully you would have read I said that this is NOT what I'm asking for. :p

One more time: I'm NOT looking for the path about the wc3 map preview u see when u select the map, but I'm talking about the image u get to see inside the actual game (normaly it shows terrain even if you have a preview picture).

Now look up and read questions again.. xD Thanks you. xD

Level 6
ok my bad...i thought the tutorial explained it
well i shall explain it to u than

1. war3mapMap.blp
2.yes TGA file will do
3. No 1 file only (needs to be in 256x256)

please dont expect people to get it right everytime, we are human too u know.

Level 17
ok my bad...i thought the tutorial explained it
well i shall explain it to u than

1. war3mapMap.blp
2.yes TGA file will do
3. No 1 file only (needs to be in 256x256)

please dont expect people to get it right everytime, we are human too u know.

Yes, I know that, I ain't mad or something xD I find it funny, (take note at the xD smilies I used). I just explained it an other time making it more clear, it's solved now. :p Both by you and the guy above you!

Thanks ^^

Level 18
For your information: You can just call it the minimap. There's no other minimap then the minimap shown in the lower-left corner of the screen while playing a map. In case you might get further questions related to it, call it the minimap and people will understand faster :wink:

Level 19
I think you can do the 3 with a creepy way
like you change icon of neutral buildings in minimap to image1
icon of heroes to image2 and icon of units to image3
you hide all units' minimap icons from object editor
blabla you know the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.