• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The MinimapPreview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I already converted a JPG File into .blp and .TGA using a tool and then imported it in my map. So the question is how will I make it as the MinimapPreview?

Level 17
just make your image, it can be any file size, but the diminsions must be either 256x256 or 125x125. While 256x256 will give you superior image quality (Because 125 Will be stretched) it is a bigger file size, with me its usually 200 kb.

Get a free image program, such as "Infraview" (google it, its real helpful tool). Just open up your picture that you made (Jpeg,BMP,Gif w/e) and use "Save as" in infraview and save it as a Tga file (Truevision Targa).

Then import it into your map and give it the path "war3mapPreview.tga"

Thats it.

Level 4
When i changed the Path "war3mapPreview.tga" without the quotes and then open Warcraft III then Single Player and then when i click the map my computer hangs up. WHY? is there something wrong?

Level 4
It works now btw 125x125 is not working it just displays white but when i tried 256x256 it works now ^_^ THANKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.