• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ingame dialog value

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is it possible to retrieve the in-game size value of a dialog? It only returns the value that was assigned in the editor. The reason I am asking is because dialogs are scaled down due to screen resolutions and I need to know the exact size of the dialog.

Thanks.

Level 12
You mean the pixel size? Only way is asking players for their resolution and calculating it.
I tried using a button bottom-right, that needed to be clicked, and then catching both dialog item use and mouse click. That would provide me with two sets of coordinates (button and mouse), from which I can calculate the "scale".
I don't remember it clearly, but I think it failed, since clicking on dialog item didn't fire the "mouse button press" event, but maybe it would work now (it was a while ago)

Level 1
Yea, buttons, or any UI interaction for that matter, do not work with getting the mouse coordinates as they send back (0,0). I don't know anything about Banks or Catalogs, but do they hold in-game values for dialogs and if so, how would I load those values?

Thanks

Level 12
Banks hardly, they hold just the values you save in them. Catalog values can be easily read, if you know the field name. However catalogs are data from data editor, dialogs are not included there, so far I know.

Also, I am guessing, but there is no way of reading it in-game. Players can easily change resolution, even aspect ratio during game, and I doubt it's synchronized (therefore it can't be used in triggers)

Status
Not open for further replies.