• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Infinite Tilesets in the World Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there! Recently i saw on some maps like Gaias ORPG and others, that they can use more than the limited number of tile sets. As we all know, the texture tileset limit is 13. I don't know how they done this, but they used something like 29 or so tileset space and on the "remaining space" it was written "-16", not "0". I tried to do it, but i just don't know how...
But once i started a map with outland tileset and changed some things in the tilesets. I dont know, but somewhat happened and i had 14 tileset spaces and on the "remaining space" it was written"-1", i just dont know how it happened, but some tile i removed got back after i saved.
Anyone know how to add more tilesets than the limit? if yes - please tell me, cuz i really need it. I searched the net and nowhere writes how it is done. I hope it isn't jass or something, cuz i dont know anything there :D
+2 rep will be added if you help me by the way :ogre_hurrhurr:

Problem solved. Thanks to everyone for your help :)

Attachments

• menu.PNG
    menu.PNG
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,188
Last edited:
Level 6
I've been wondering the same question..and when i add more tilesets with this edit tilesets in JNGP, i still cant use them, i mean i cant pick them i terrain editor??

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You need to restart the editor after modifying the tilesets.

WC3 only supports 16 tilesets. This is because the map data file only allocates 4 bits (a nibble) to tileset.

The restriction on cliff types of 2 however is an engine restriction. Cliff types are also allocated 4 bits and the tileset data does allow decleration of this many but the game engine will only ever recognize 2 cliff types (and discard the rest).

Last edited:
If you are using the "Edit Tileset" feature of Jass NewGenPack, you need to select your tiles and then click "ok". It should save for you. Immediately afterward, don't save yourself, just close WE and reopen it.

If you save the map yourself after you've edited the tileset that way, then it will save the map with the current tileset you have implemented. (which means you don't get the extra tiles you want) Just let it save for you, close and reopen WE and you should be fine. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.