• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Inferno Item Summoning Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, I'm having trouble getting something to work, but I'm sure it should be possible. Building on the 'Inferno Stone' item, I have made an item that should be able to summon a unit anywhere on the (explored) map. This all works great, but for some reason I can not summon on the 'Abyss (Unbuildable)' tile-set. Is there a way I can fix this?

Level 12
The spell is most likely hard coded to not allow casting on unpathable ground.

Does it need any other part of the summon infernal spell? You could trigger the summon and use a different base spell that can be cast anywhere.

The spell is most likely hard coded to not allow casting on unpathable ground.

Does it need any other part of the summon infernal spell? You could trigger the summon and use a different base spell that can be cast anywhere.

Right.

You could use Blizzard as a base spell, remove all effects, then create the unit with a trigger.

Level 7
You could use Archimonde's Dark Portal as a based spell. It won't have the stun and AOE damage (these would need to be triggered), but if I recall correctly Dark Portal can summon anywhere.

It appears to have the same issue, I may try it with Blizzard as Legal has suggested, it's just that I'll be using this for a lot of different unit summons, so I was attempting to avoid triggers just out of laziness

Status
Not open for further replies.