• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can i extend the limit of the item descriptions?

Level 17
Here is the details. Still i couldn't find any solution. And i don't know how to describe my items to my players properly. Everytime they have to click on the shop and read it from there even if they already have the item in their inventories.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 24
Level 11
I believe the tooltip limit is hard-coded into the game. As far as I'm aware there's no way to get around this. If there is a way, it's probably too complicated and not worth it. A similar problem occurs for me when writing Quest descriptions.

I'm not sure what the item description says but I assume its lore text? If so, I'm afraid you'd be better off deleting it. Not many people read that stuff in maps, unfortunately. You can always keep it written down somewhere or have it appear as text when the item is bought.

If that's all describing the effects, I possibly could try and help shorten it?

Unfortunately that's all I've got. Maybe someone else can be more helpful.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You could try messing with the frame natives.

Alternatively, you could put the description of abilities like Chain Lightning somewhere else and try to maintain a clean item description.

Stats:
+100 HP, +10 Damage, +5 Armor
Abilities:
Chain Lightning (Active), Retaliation (Passive)

If the user wants to know more about these abilities then they can check the Quest menu. That or maybe introduce some custom UI that displays their information.