• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Infernals Vs. Golems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i have an idea for a map about making a map for this title. if anyone would like to help you would be very appreaciated and of course you will get much credit(i can use the models for infenals and golems from this site)
if anyone has an idea they would like to share or if ur good at terraining or triggering plz come

Level 6
Ok. i've never been in any project before, but im in dude!
I am quite skilled at using GUI, i can show you some maps i have made if you want to. I am starting to learn JASS right now (I study programme in school), so in a while i may start working with that aswell.

first things first. What kind of map had you in mind? If you want creative help from me thats no problem, but if you still want to be the one with the ideas im fine with that aswell.

Level 4
i kinda wanted to get a few people together and hear their ideas about what could be created with this idea. cause im not TOO creative, and other people can probably think of a cooler idea. cna u could show me the maps u made
id like to check them out. and id like to hear ur ideas about what could be created with this map too.

Level 6
well, you asked for help, so moving it was just right...

anyways, no offense, but i doubt you will get many more into this project, so lets get creative right away and try to get a grip of what we want.

i see you are online. what about taking a chat? if you dont answer within a couple of mins i will edit this post.

Level 6
maps...

yes noticed that now :)
here are three maps.
Loka Labyrinth is the most playable.
BoLB is a typical "dota-wannabe", but still has some cool heroes.
Loka Wars aint finished, but has some cool ideas aswell.

Attachments

• Loka Labyrinth.w3x
    176.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Battle of Loka Brunn v3.98.w3x
    504.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Loka Wars.w3x
    91.8 KB · Views: 94
Level 7
Hmmm Im feeling elemental....Im a horrible skinner except for maybe my Priest Chaimal.I could skinn golems and inferenals a little bit into elemetal things not sure how that would work out.I don't know how you want to do this map so just ask.

Never been apart of a project so PM me if you want to enlist me and give me ideas for them.

Level 4
ok um me and lingon berry will be on a few hours before now tommarow all of u can help and we'll discuss everything tomarrow unless u can right now.EDIT-wasn't there another message here a minute ago? what the heck?!?!

Level 7
Hey you pmed me but I got no ideas of what to do for the skin (what do you want).There are a lot of things golem could be made into just list a few and Ill work on the easiest (lol).

Level 4
could you make like a uhh silver golem? some mineral besides gold, diamond, crystal, and iron.(dont make a ruin golem either) just make some kind of mineral based golem besides those

Level 7
Silver.....do you want it like pieces of silver or like just a huge block of silver....Might be easy just some shades of white and gray for shadows and Ill have something soon(Maybe Ill work on it during he weekend).

EDIT:Also tell me which model of golem you would like me to make it out of please,I only want it to be your veersion of it not mine.Also if you want It really your version tell me which direction the light is coming from.

Level 4
make it our of a rock golem itll match the others :grin: make the light go to forward the way we r facing when we play the game

Level 6
hi hi hi there o brothers and only friends.
going round my back wc3man are we? :)

well those mineral golems would be nice, but in my opinion, the light shouldnt be right in front of it, would ruin some of the 3d feeling wouldnt it?

anyway princeofice welcome to the project, its only the three of us for the moment, but that will do fine. we would gladly accept your help in skinning the models, and of course any creative ideas.

me and wc3man have a problem, im 7 hours before his time. that means we will "meet" in my time like 05.00 pm - 10.00 pm (i am GMT +1), and his time like 10.00 am - 03.00 pm. But we will just see if were online, and then chat or something...

i have been working on the Lore as we said wc3man, ill submit a word document below, and ice, feel free to come with ideas... (by the way, we should test using the pastebin, read about it in news)

we should start figurin on the basic game layout, like number of players and stuff...

i will maybe be online later today (around 03.00-05.00 pm English time), guess you maybe would be online then wc3man. well talk soon.

Enjoy the lore!

Attachments

• Lore.doc
    25 KB · Views: 171
Level 4
heres my lore btw i always liked having 10 players(its wierd with 12 i always played with like 10 in wc2) and later today we'll come up with a floor plan

Attachments

• Golems vs infernals.txt
    520 bytes · Views: 127
Level 6
where is it? you have to submit it as an attachment to the post.

or add it in the pastebin and then send the url code via pm to us...

yes, if we have 12 players we cant have a cpu player...

*edit* im going home from school soon (im in it now) stay online and we'll talk in an hour...

Last edited:
Level 4
lol there it is i i had to save it through the note pad microsoft wouldnt let me save it as a text

EDIT- sry bout the off-topic but whats a lingon berry?

Level 6
oh, that was a short one, compared to mine :)

liked the idea of the valley, and how the infernals had to take the fight...

but making this an "aftershock" of the real war makes it feel less important, better making it a part of the war imo.

*edit* Lol, take a look at my avatar you nerd :p

Last edited:
Level 4
oh, that was a short one, compared to mine :)

liked the idea of the valley, and how the infernals had to take the fight...

but making this an "aftershock" of the real war makes it feel less important, better making it a part of the war imo.

ok
EDIT- if ur up to it we could try to make a custom title screen

Level 4
i can make custom loading screens and minimaps (shows on the pre-game screen) so that wont be a problem.

was it what you meant with title screen ?

a title screen u no when the games loading we should make one with the golems and infernals fighting :)

Level 6
well, we should chat, instead of posting in this speed... but i cant on this comp in school.

well, obviusly we mean the same thing when saying "title"-screen and "loading"-screen. Yes! I can make one, but we should wait with that. Lets stick to figure out the game itself, otherwise we might stroll away and never get a grip of the project.

Level 6
nono, but it requires some kind of "flash-player" or something, and downloading programs like that is restricted yes...

anyhow. We agree to stick with 10 players, 5v5, in an outside "valley"-environment?

Level 4
sounds like a plan

EDIT- it is very hard to download a flashplayer i just get it from my friend who has it its for some reason a PAIN to download

Level 6
yeye, may be so.

oki, what about the objective? whats the goal for the team? as i mentioned before i would love to have some kind of "optional missions" to complete, so its not all about crushing skulls all the time

Level 4
hmmm man i was never good at thinking of optional things but ill try

i think i have one like u steal their blueprints of their base and then on the minimap u can see them

Level 6
ok. but that is just a thing we can add after the Main Objective. And as i got it, the main objective is to kill everyone else in the other team?

*edit* Yes, steal the blueprint lol, thats a good idea. maybe not blueprints :), but some magical item revealing them... (though that would be quite "imba")

Last edited:
Level 4
yes (isnt it always lol) or we could have it where we have X amount of kills on a leaderboard and we win? how bout that?
important edit- what should the map size be i NEED to no

Level 6
well, i suggest we have points instead of kills. you get points for killing of course, but also for completing the small objectives.

*EDIT*
Im leaving school right now, going online at home in like 30-40 minutes. hear from you then ok! bye!

Level 4
ok and wat bout the MAP SIZE? so i can make(just start it none of the terraining yet only importing) the map and import the models

Level 6
hello again. oh. i have only bad experiences from "large" maps... i dont say it has to be tiny, but we should be carefull not to have to much empty space. though, starting with a small map has the backside of not giving room to what we want to squeeze in...

Level 4
can U plz make the model sizes smaller? ty

:infl_thumbs_up: Vs. :golem_thumbs_up:

crap the map wont load! it says Loading Error
Attatchment in progress

Attachments

• Infernals Vs. Golems.w3x
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 4
ok will u be on at maybe 8:00am-3:00pm central time tomarrow? thats when lingon berryjam comes on. ill talk to him and discuss to see how we want the terrain to look

EDIT- how do u make the start point appear without the town hall too? i 4get how to do that

Last edited:
Level 6
wc3man said:
can U plz make the model sizes smaller? ty

Was that to me? Well i can try... if i cant get it done ill look for a tutorial about it, and maybe post a question in the models section.

Codexx said:
If you ever need some terraining done, I can do a little when I'm not working on my map.

Hey, we would surely need some "expertise" on that matter. How about you and me (and wc3man if hes online atm) have a chat about it soon?

wc3man said:
how do u make the start point appear without the town hall too? i 4get how to do that

Oh, youre having problems with that? Thats not a good sign :). Ill tell ya; You need to remove the basic triggers which a normal wc3 map (melee map) has. Go to trigger editor, look up the trigger "Melee Initialization" and remove all the actions in it. (The action that makes the town hall creation is called:
"Melee Game - Create starting units"

When looked into the map, you had allready removed that one... so that was not the issue. I removed the rest of the "melee map"-actions except the "use normal time" action, and renamed the trigger to simply "Initialization".

(You always see the town hall on the map in the World Editor starting point, even though you have removed that action. That was probably what you reacted to, but that is as i said not a problem)

I'll be trying to shrink the model sizes now, i'll be online for a while now, but will be going off to my friends at about 09.00 am your time (GMT -6 h). If you get online now just post in the thread or pm, ill keep an eye open.

Last edited:
Level 4
um its like 10:00 now here or r u already at ur friends?

EDIT-no its not that didnt no how to do it i just forgot how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.