• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In reforged creating "rolling shores" always turns into deep water instead of shallow water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I was creating rolling shores from memory, but even If I initially used shallow water, it always turns as deep water when lowering the terrain?

Did something change with reforged with Enforce Water Height Limits?

Also I am really insecure with terraining, so you can tell me your opinion about of the terrain attached in the picture. :)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_121420_141653_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_121420_141653_001.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 113
Level 14
I think you just need to raise the terrain where there is deep water until it is high enough to make it shallow water. Setting it to shallow and then lowering turns it into deep and vice versa. Just use the raise terrain tool to bring it up to the right height. If you are wondering if it is high enough or not turn on your pathing map (P) and stop raising it when it turns from pink (unwalkable) to blue (walkable but unbuildable)

Status
Not open for further replies.