• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

In Pure Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I have decided to make a map revolving around zombies. BUT this isn't your typical, defend your country or one man act kind of map. This is more in the zone of, how long can you survive (you WILL die, it's just a matter of how and when). There is another map like this but its filesize is 100mb (far too large to play on bnet) but is single player, I think single player makes games boring, so this is going to be multiplayer. Teamwork will be essential in this map as you will not have time to collect everything you need. (You have about 8 hours a day to collect supplies outside you base (food, water, ammo, etc) that is when the undead are at their weakest is during the day).

I do need help with a few things though, such as triggers (I can do the triggers for just about everything but they would be very ineffective)
I also need someone to terrain, as I do not fair well in that department
So.
  1. A-Mexican-Taco = Does a little bit of everything at the moment
  2. Superz Ze Man = Trigger Editor
  3. NEEDED = Object Editor
  4. NEEDED = Bug Finder/Balancing
  5. NEEDED = Model Editor (it would be nice but not required)

Also are a few requirements =)
  • Have something to prove your work =)
  • Must have skype! (Easier to communicate)

if your interested, then pm me or leave a comment below! Thanks!

I will release a demo today! It will be single player for now with a small map, just the basics of the game.
Full version will have multiplayer support for up to 5 people, more buildings, more items, and just all around better.

DEMO IS OUT!

Things not in demo (These are not in the demo but will be in the first release of the full map):
  • No Guns (Bare hands =P)
  • No library (No skills books)
  • No hardware store (No building supplies)
  • No clinc (No medical supplies)
  • No cars (Slower collecting supplies)

All of those listed above will be included in the full version :)

Attachments

• loadingscreen.JPG
    loadingscreen.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Map.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 88
  • standby screen.JPG
    standby screen.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 145
  • startpoint.JPG
    startpoint.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 79
  • Gameplay1.JPG
    Gameplay1.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Gameplay2.JPG
    Gameplay2.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Level 8
id like to join the team :p If you want to look at my triggers, take a look at This. Keep in mind that its hardly complete and my triggers are no where close to leak free/bug free... Just a cool project i started a couple days ago. (I like to get the triggers working before making them properly haha. Thats something you might need to live with)

I do have skype as well as a high quality mic etc.

Level 17
I'm not interested BUT you should show what you can do so people know what they are working with.

Level 4
@Skycraft, i would love to put a demo up here with the unfinished map (its like half finished) but I am stuck on a trigger that ties into everything.
@Superz, your map looks pretty sweet. I would love to have you on the time, sadly my mic broke last night, ill have to get another but we can use the IM on skype still. It would be a GREAT help to have someone do the triggers :p and ill send you a copy of the map.

Level 14
A-Mexican-Taco, i wanted to help with triggers... not that i am pro, but i am not a beginner aswell! But when you have Triggerer - then i want to play the map with someone! Anyone wants to play with me? Skype = ecs7r3mn1q_24, nickname = CσlĐ βoήΣ, country = Bulgaria! You'll find me! :)

Level 2
It is going pretty nicely. Though i think i could add a bit more of an explanation as to how to get sleep, food, water, etc haha. and maybe make the time when the zombies come, a little later.

Hey, its me, i tested your map, remember?
Anyways, you could just add explanation in the quest log section, and at the beginning of the game, just direct the player to look it up. That seems to be an effective way.
The alternative would be a short cine showing how these things are done, so it really is up to you how you wanna do it ;)

Lemme noe if you need help ;)

Level 6
You should definity get a permission before using Fallout 3's Loading Screen.

However, where is your terrainer? :eek:
You should also try not to use Blizzard "cliffs"... they are so ugly, use Custom Objects for Walls (there are tons of 'em on hive).
I like the Food and Water status idea, but personally I think you shouldn't use a Multiboard for that, it's too clumsy and too big for such things, use constantly following floating texts, that would give the map a deeper atmosphere than this big ugly multiboard, covering 30% of the screen :) (can be used for other purposes).

Level 4
Technically, its not fallout 3's screen. It is a government based emergency alert system from the mid 70's, therefore it would be open use. :) and yeah, i recently discovered how to make water without cliffs haha, also i don't like the walls because i can never figure out the correct pathing map so units can walk right through them :\

Status
Not open for further replies.