• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imps!

Well, that's it. They're imps, the small scheming little bastards.

The model comes with an attack one (melee) and an attack two (ranged). To make it look good, use the attached WE recommendations and the imported voiceset (first post).

I made three variations (Black, blue, purple) because why not. The models are based on both hearthstone and wow.

To import the models:
  • Import the SHARED textures: imp_orm.dds, imp_tail_normal.dds, imp_tail_orm.dds, imp_emissive.dds
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: imp1.mdx, imp2.mdx, imp3.mdx.
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: imp1_portrait.mdx imp2_portrait.mdx,imp3_portrait.mdx.
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: imp1_diffuse.dds, imp1_tail.dds, imp2_diffuse.dds, imp2_tail.dds, imp3_diffuse.dds, imp3_tail.dds

UPDATE 20/10/21: Sped up the blue and purple imp. Now all three are equally hyperactive.
Previews
Contents

Imp1 (Model)

imp1 icon (Icon)

imp1 portrait (Model)

imp2 (Model)

imp2 icon (Icon)

imp2 portrait (Model)

imp3 (Model)

imp3 icon (Icon)

imp3 portrait (Model)

Reviews
Barorque
Approved. I thought this would be... IMP-osible! In all seriousness, those are instantly recognizable as good old imps. I do not see any issues to report on, the faceFX would not be possible due to face geoset changes, but any beast sound will work...
They are so cool!
Definitely, the sped up animations match the Gremlin-like laugh and behavior much better.
The imp2 icon is awesome too, reminds me of Diablo games.
Yeah, I was so proud of icon 2. Got it to look nice and dandy with a couple of clicks (while imp1 still looks like shite after half an hour of work)
I'll update the models' animation speed shortly

Approved. I thought this would be... IMP-osible!

In all seriousness, those are instantly recognizable as good old imps. I do not see any issues to report on, the faceFX would not be possible due to face geoset changes, but any beast sound will work for the imps. Animations do fit the characters quite well and I absolutely love how funny the epic cinematic walk looks on an imp!

Approved. I thought this would be... IMP-osible!

In all seriousness, those are instantly recognizable as good old imps. I do not see any issues to report on, the faceFX would not be possible due to face geoset changes, but any beast sound will work for the imps. Animations do fit the characters quite well and I absolutely love how funny the epic cinematic walk looks on an imp!
I've uploaded the wow sound set, otherwise the skink soundset fits nicely.

Level 12
Great ones. Love it that you didn't just make 3 different skins but also changed some of the model details, like horns and earrings.

That X scar on all 3 of them looks kind of weird.

Great ones. Love it that you didn't just make 3 different skins but also changed some of the model details, like horns and earrings.

That X scar on all 3 of them looks kind of weird.
Changing the X would mean editing the normal, ORM and diffuse of each model, thus increasing the size by about 10mb per unit.