• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

importing spells from test maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It seems that when I try to do this I get bugs. Some go in easy and some do not.

Is there an easy way to take a test map and import the triggers/objects/etc into a main map or do you have to copy each thing one at a time?

Thanks,
Sort

Level 2
If you haven't customized objects, untits, triggers than there's an easy way
go on Export trigger, object, etc. settings ( I think it was in data) and save them.
In your map you can import the settings in the same way

Level 2
Thanks Koala

but what if there are custom objects, triggers, functions, etc. I *think* I have looked everywhere and can only find 1 place to export and that is under File > Export Scripts, Export Minimap, Export Strings. I dont see where I can export things like custom objects, triggers, etc.

Also, while trying to export those three things, then going to a dummy map and trying to import them, I see no changes in the new map.

Am I missing something here?

Level 2
Thanks Raven

I had read that but didnt know if there was another way. When I try to copy/paste all of the elements I then come up with bugs. I try to first copy all of the objects such as items or units, etc. Then I copy all variables. Finally I copy triggers. Still seems to bug out on me more often than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.