• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] custom spells problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hey there,

I will directly adress the issue. When I import a spell ( copied everything: triggers, Objects etc.) I test the map and you guessed it, it won't work.
When I test the original Map that comes with the spell-download, it works fine. So where is the issue when I try importing it into my own map ...:sad: seems like I followed all intructions correctly and it not just for one spell, its for everyone I download and try to use :/ Iam able to see the ability and click it, but then nothing happens after the cast animation of the hero.

Thanks for the possible solutions in advance.

Last edited:
Level 13
Check the spell configuration, the author might have mentioned where and what you should modify in order to make the spell work in your map. Also, according to your description, it probably is some trigger condition that's checking for the wrong spell (different raw code). Generally, this happens because when you copy object editor data from one map to another, their raw code changes, resulting in this behavior.

Level 7
Or maybe you didn't have the option checked to copy variables from the test map.

Thanks for the hint, but I did :)

Check the spell configuration, the author might have mentioned where and what you should modify in order to make the spell work in your map. Also, according to your description, it probably is some trigger condition that's checking for the wrong spell (different raw code). Generally, this happens because when you copy object editor data from one map to another, their raw code changes, resulting in this behavior.
I did everything like it was described in the read me, dunno whats the issue

Level 7
And you are certain that the ability you copied over from the test map is the same one that is being referenced in the triggers?

I'd post your map if you don't know what i mean.

This is the spell. I copied everything exactly as told over to my map. There shouldn't be any issues as far as copying is concerned.

Attachments

• Beserk Plant V1.10.w3x
    76.9 KB · Views: 21
Level 13
Yea, sometimes just copying isn't enough. From what you described, the ability doing nothing, you may have to manually set the ability in the trigger.

In the event that the spell uses JASS, you may have to set the call variable for the ability using a number and letter value (press "ctrl + d" in the object editor to view them)

Level 37
It's pretty much what everyone mentioned here already. I opened the map and the first thing I checked was the configuration trigger. See what I highlighted:

upload_2018-6-15_16-5-47.png

Level 7
It's pretty much what everyone mentioned here already. I opened the map and the first thing I checked was the configuration trigger. See what I highlighted:

View attachment 300178
Thank you man , you really fixed my issue, now it works :D

Guess in the future I need to look more detailed on the triggers for issues like that.

Thanks anyways, much appreciated. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.