• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Custom Sounds on unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys i have a little problem here with my custom sounds in the Editor as you can see i have replaced the WarEagles sound set with my Custom one by right clicking the sound and pressed replace internal sound with my Custom one though the WarEagle has 6 Sound Sets but i only have 2 custom sound to replace it so literaly the 2 custom sounds just repeat itself of the 6 sound sets of the WarEagle because i only have 2 of them but the problem is that the unit doesn't talk anymore i replaced the unit sound set to WarEagle but the unit doesn't talk anymore but works perfectly fine in the sound editor so does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Level 28
What do you mean "the unit doesn't talk anymore" ? You mean the unit portrait doesn't show the talk animation or you can't hear the sounds at all? In what format are the custom sounds : .wav or .mp3?

Last edited:
Level 9
What do you mean "the unit doesn't talk anymore" ? You mean the unit portrait doesn't show the talk animation or you can't hear the sounds at all? In what format are the custom sounds : .wav or .mp3?
Yes the model doesn't show the talk and animation and doesn't have a sound either. They were originally mp3's but i have converted them into wavs, Tp furthermore understand my problem let's say i want to import 2 custom sounds but the unit sounds are more than 8 sounds including there whats,yes's,death,ready etc (for example all the race unit sounds like the archer,acolyte,ghoul,peasant) they have like more than 8 sounds but then again i only have 2 so i have to replace them all with only just my 2 sounds so outcome of this will be hearing those 2 custom sounds play at the unit you have imported it to but instead the unit doesn't make a sound and talk animation which is my problem)

Level 9
Just tried importing a random wav sound and replacing the internat soundset of a footman and the footman is showing its talk animations. Not really sure what you're doing wrong here.
I'm not sure what i have done wrong either what i exactly is i have replaced all the sounds of the wareagle to my 2 custom sounds and replaced the unit sound of the intended unit i want the sound to be heard of but it doesn't make a sound at all.

Idk then, here you have a map where I have done exactly what you did. I replaced the internal sounds of the War eagle, then I changed the Knight's soundset to War eagle, and it still shows portrait talk animations.

I am getting mixed information from you though, are you having a problem with the sounds not being heard or the portrait talk animations not showing?

Attachments

• SoundTest.w3x
    478.9 KB · Views: 34
Level 9
Idk then, here you have a map where I have done exactly what you did. I replaced the internal sounds of the War eagle, then I changed the Knight's soundset to War eagle, and it still shows portrait talk animations.

I am getting mixed information from you though, are you having a problem with the sounds not being heard or the portrait talk animations not showing?
I think it's better if i just send the map so that you all can understand what i'm talking about can you wait a minute? I'm gonna find what map did i saved it from.

There is no need, you have already said what I need to know;

Your unit doesn't show talk animations and you can't hear your sound. You converted from mp3 to wav and replaced 8 internal sounds.

I did almost the same, I converted an mp3 to wav, and replaced all the war eagle internal sounds with that one sound. I can hear the sound and the talk animations shows for the knight.

Last edited:
Level 9
Wav files can cause problems if the saved format is not 22050 Hz, 16 bit, Mono. Try saving them again with an audio program (e.g. Audacity) using those settings.
I don't really think my wav sounds have a problem since they sound fine in the sound editor in the WE the only problem is they won't make a sound. If you all are wondering where the hell did i get these sounds is i got them youtube (Heroes of the Storm Sounds) and i have cutted the audio in each sound lines and converted every one of them to wav.

I don't really think my wav sounds have a problem since they sound fine in the sound editor in the WE the only problem is they won't make a sound. If you all are wondering where the hell did i get these sounds is i got them youtube (Heroes of the Storm Sounds) and i have cutted the audio in each sound lines and converted every one of them to wav.
Why don't you just extract the HOTS sounds from the CASC system? That way you don't have to trim each audio file.

CASC? Sorry don't really know program stuff here:grin:
All games contains files, for images sound files and so on to be able to play them in game. CASC is what Blizzard calls the file system for their games. You can browse these files and extract them with something called cascview. You need to have the game installed, but since HOTS is free to play it's fine.

EDIT: Read more about CASC here: Casc Storages - Main page

Level 9
All games contains files, for images sound files and so on to be able to play them in game. CASC is what Blizzard calls the file system for their games. You can browse these files and extract them with something called cascview. You need to have the game installed, but since HOTS is free to play it's fine.

EDIT: Read more about CASC here: Casc Storages - Main page
I might be an idiot but i already have HOTS in my laptop but never realize that i can extract thier game files, so this is the same as WTF where you can browse thier game files and extract them?

Level 9
Ohhh..... Okay thank you so much for all your help guys i think there are 2 solutions for my problem here
Number 1: What Hermit just said to change the formats of my wav sounds (Since i have Audacity i have no problem in converting it)
Number 2: I could also extract the game files or the game/heroes sounds of HOTS since it's possible using the cascview program just like what FeelsGoodMan said.

Status
Not open for further replies.