• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Important site poll

How should the future of wc3search be conducted?

• I got another idea! (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Pro's on quantity:

Wc3search ahs currently one of the largest resource databases in community, especially with models and skins, which has sort of been our selling point. This leaves an expansive variety of resouces at your disposal. Upload restrictions or submittion criteria has been fairly lax on this site. The reasoning for this is that it allows people of verying skill level to display their work, get feedback and improve themselves while giving a chance for their work to be seen, which could in the longrun create more talented mappers/resouce makers and lead to more abundant, higher quality resources in the future. And with the current influx of new resources, its almost guarenteed that there will be new stuff posted every time you visit.

Con's of quantity:

When people dont want to learn, but just want to use our site as a dumping ground for half-heartedly made resouces, it essenitally becomes spam. People often must go through entire pages to find quality resourses and experienced mappers/resouce makers get discouraged because of the work they put an incredible amount of effort on gets buried under works with a fraction of the amount of effort put into them relatively quickly.

Pro's of quality:

People who put extra effort into their work get recoginized more while those who do not put effort into their work have their resources removed, which can create incentive for them to put more effort into their work before submitting. Browsing becomes more worthwhile since it becomes more like a kid in a toy store as opposed to a kid in a thrift shop (digging through junk trying to find the toys). Veteran resouce makers arent alienated as much.

Con's of quality:

Beginner mappers/resource makers dont get the opportunity to get feedback on their work since it never makes it to the archive. The site would appear more elitist and catering to veteran resouce makers and not to those who's talents have yet to be polished. Resouce variety becomes smaller as there are less things to explore. After a while the influx of resouces becomes slower, and you often have to wait longer for new stuff to be posted.

VGsatomi....What?

Since when is this a debate? IMO, everyone on this site, with the exception of a few, would prefer this as a quantity site over a quality site.

1. Strict quality restriction gives birth to elitism.

2. This is a resource dump, not a gallery.

3. Usefulness over quality. Always. Some of the most useful models in here are not high-quality. Some dont even have a quality classification. Take, for example, Mecheon's terraining. A plateau. On top of this plateau is a small pond. How does he do this? A plane with an animated water texture. Extremely simple, yet useful.

People who put extra effort into their work get recoginized more while those who do not put effort into their work have their resources removed, which can create incentive for them to put more effort into their work before submitting.

Directors Choice.

Browsing becomes more worthwhile since it becomes more like a kid in a toy store as opposed to a kid in a thrift shop (digging through garbage trying to find the toys).

A great analogy. I think one that should be put into effect somehow.

Well, in conclusion, im only a models man. I'd like to see other's opinions, though i must say i am heavily against any form of quality over quantity purging.

Level 8
as you all know i produce alot of skins models art that i often take down after a period of time this is to reduce the length of time it takes for me to get on this site and into account but also helps the site by reducing the space thats taken up.

i have always tried to produce things with a surten quality. i beleive this site would benifit from reducing the amount of junk that gets thrown on here and pay closer attention to it even if that meens going back and removing some old works thats become unused and stale. repeated skins, models and stuff with no entire use whats so ever.
the final verdict should always be from the actual person who controls this site and all of its content other wise you will get a conflict of opinions.

Level 22
Since when is this a debate? IMO, everyone on this site, with the exception of a few, would prefer this as a quantity site over a quality site.

Thats not what I've been getting. All I seem to be getting is complaints over the quality of the resource section.

the final verdict should always be from the actual person who controls this site and all of its content.

Which has basically been us since Darky went inactive.

I am sick and tired of being pulled from 2 ends...I'm going to see where the site membership its self stands.
-VGsatomi

Level 9
i think the best way to solve this is to find a "half-term"

it might be dificul and polemic, but if we find this "half-term" i believe the probs will be solved

example, the resources dont need to be elite level to be allowed, they need to be at least "reasonable". if by some way we cannot find this "half-term", at least we should exonerate resources like (for example) this "MurlokMyrmidon", a naga mirmidon with a murloc face, ridiculous and not useful

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I think VGsatomi adressed something that needs to be dealt with, and I believe that he was not smoking. I would also like to compliment his perfect timing on posting this as I was just about to post a similar topic (although not as lengthy and detailed). I do have an answer to this.

Raise the filtering notch a little higher; too often do I see skins that anyone (even the not skilled people) can make. DeadDogNoGoWoof has made an excellent point with including the usefulness factor. But I can argue, for example, that a Firelord skin that has been recolored blue and has added on white dots should not be allowed to be posted as an Icelord (althought it may be useful).

In dealing with the beginners (as I was once), I believe we can all point our fingers towards the skin and model forums (only to name a few types of resources), and I think the wc3sear.ch staff should emphasize the importance of those forums to increase activeness in that area.

And if the staff considers my perspective in taking a notch up, they should use good judgement on what the value of the skin has based on its (a) quality and (b) usefulness. And I think prioritizing one over the other can be different when judging the various resources. Although I already see a problem with resource givers debating with the staff over a skin.

So in conclusion, this situation needs to be addressed, not extremely, but just slightly. And you could occasionally delete a resource everytime one is added just to increase the quality and keep it progressively reaching towards being the cream of the crop.

Level 8
Im all for the quality bit, but i have to argue that that people have different oppinions on what quality modeling/skining etc is. I've found numerous models that seem reletivelly slack in design, but is excactly what I needed for my current map.

Even though quality would be good, it would make the chances of finding a suitable thing for your "project" much lower.

Idea! Maybe rate the models/skins, so if some one wanted the higher quality, they would simply limit their searches for higher quality, while the people looking for something that is of less quality, but still what they need, they can leave the search as it is.

What I propose is alot more strict classification to the sections. I will use the models section as an example.
You could search by number of polys, anims, filesize, author, comments, skin size, skin filesize, lore category, etc. Everything that can be searched. all at the same time, if need be. a completely revamped search engine and navigation therein. everything is strictly classified. most of this can be done by the author, if not the script.
No more of what is already in the search engine. not to mention the author drop-down box. that thing drives me nuts.

I will probably expand alot on this idea later. im kind of rushed atm.

comments?

Ki

Ki

Level 7
That is probably the best idea because most people search for resources related to their maps anyway, not really looking for quality skins or whatever just to comment them.

The only problem is that the search engine would require more scripting. That would seem to require Darky, and from what I have observed, he does not make an appearance too often.

Level 3
I like some of the ideas being thrown around here, especially the strict classification for the section. And yes, I have seen a drop in quality resources lately. But I always love comming here and seeing 48 new resources.

The pros and cons of quantity vs quality are pretty impressive. If the new authors don't get feedback, they will never make better work. If new authors are let to upload whatever they want, it would take ages to navigate the pages.

So, in my opinion, I think that a new way to see the resources should be added. The veteran models, mappers, whatever; they get to upload their resources to the mainstream site. The new authors get to post their works on the site, and visitors have the option to look past their works. After a few good posts, they can post on the mainstream site.

Well, that's my opinion.

Level 13
I don't think everyone understands what VG is really saying. Currently the site allows the uploading of any resource, free of practically any restrictions. Unfortunately, this means that we also get huge amounts of resources that are basicly unusable because of their low quality. What we are proposing is to add some slightly stricter restrictions to limit these almost unusable resources. Resources that are usable to a certin extent and users would download are all going to be allowed, only the unusable extreme low quality resources will be not allowed.

Level 5
Both

Currently there are tons of resources. This is good, because with quantity comes some quality. Duplicates need to be deleted, because you can find some maps and 1,000 versions of it which causes the uselessness. The latest version needs to be the only available, which is hopefully quality. Also, if you look in the tools section, almost all the tools are old and can be updated by going to their website. If the system is properly upkept with only latest versions, the best choice would be quantity (currently not upkept well).

Btw, maps that are protected with vexorians optimizer cannot be submitted, this needs to be fixed.

Level 18
As you all know im standing with quality over quantity because i prefer it that way.

What would you rather have a product made with heart and made well.
OR
Mass produced products that have many faults and are almost unusable in cases and can even cause deaths and or HIV.

ok ok i was being a little extreme, but still if something is usefull it is usually quality.

I never did understand that whole usefullness over quality thing... since they are the same thing...

however quantity may produce more usefull things but it also hides them in the piles of useless items.

While Quality produces less but more usefull products since they are of higher quality, which means more usefull, since its less likely that its useless crap.

Level 14
I believe quality is where this site needs to head.
However, that should not prevent new skinners/modellers/mapmakers from posting their ideas and some of their early works IN THE FORUMS, where it can be commented on in lieu of improvements.

For submission's sake, there should be more strict guidelines, I just don't think it should impede newcomers from coming into the fold.

~Dusk

Level 11
Ok, since I tried to suggest something like this to VGSatomi (thank you very much for posting it to the community and getting opinions), I think you should see my point of view towards this new system.

First of all, by quality and not quantity, I don't mean that 75% of the resources are going to be deleted or that 50% of the resources are going to be deleted or... I dunno. We will see which resources we find too simple, and delete them.

I understood Darky's policy at first. He was just at the beginning, the site was not well-known so he wanted everyone to be able to post things here. But as the site grows, the database is simply devoured by the high number of resources, and I feel that some of them, are not worthy enough to remain on this site.

We ARE turning into an elitist site, even if you like it or not guys! If you have so many members and 1 terra byte traffic per month, how would you expect to allow everyone to post poor resources?

HOWEVER, let us make difference between elitist and fascist :p. Elitist means that we allow quality stuff, and help people who post poor stuff (probably beginners) improve. I think this should be the new idea of this community: Share knowledge with the others, for example, if a newbie posts a simple spell, we should explain him why it is simple, and only then delete it. We should help these people improve their skills, not by simply asking their questions or making their requests.

This is the real problem of the site. Many newbies come here (yes people, I've been a newbie myself and now look at me, I will tell you that I learnt a lot in a year because of this community) but many of them, do not advance, yet remain at the stage of newbie. You shouldn't be complaining when we delete a stuff! You should ask for help, read some tutorials (there are hell enough around here) and learn as much as you can, by experimenting yourself. That is the key to success, not simply whining and expecting knowledge from thin air.

That is why I choose quality, but not a quality unaccessible to everyone, but a high standards quality! ;)

~Daelin

Level 23
I agree; the quality notch needs to be slid up, but not too much.

How about creating a few new categories in each section? Some kind of "reccommended" area; where resources of a skilled nature may be placed by moderators. Thus, if somebody can't be bothered filtering through the dross, they can search this category, but people new to the industry can still post their early works and get help in another area. Something half-way between a normal resource and a Directors' Choice?

As you all know im standing with quality over quantity because i prefer it that way.

What would you rather have a product made with heart and made well.
OR
Mass produced products that have many faults and are almost unusable in cases and can even cause deaths and or HIV.

ok ok i was being a little extreme, but still if something is usefull it is usually quality.

I never did understand that whole usefullness over quality thing... since they are the same thing...

however quantity may produce more usefull things but it also hides them in the piles of useless items.

While Quality produces less but more usefull products since they are of higher quality, which means more usefull, since its less likely that its useless crap.
Daelin said:
Ok, since I tried to suggest something like this to VGSatomi (thank you very much for posting it to the community and getting opinions), I think you should see my point of view towards this new system.

First of all, by quality and not quantity, I don't mean that 75% of the resources are going to be deleted or that 50% of the resources are going to be deleted or... I dunno. We will see which resources we find too simple, and delete them.

I understood Darky's policy at first. He was just at the beginning, the site was not well-known so he wanted everyone to be able to post things here. But as the site grows, the database is simply devoured by the high number of resources, and I feel that some of them, are not worthy enough to remain on this site.

We ARE turning into an elitist site, even if you like it or not guys! If you have so many members and 1 terra byte traffic per month, how would you expect to allow everyone to post poor resources?

HOWEVER, let us make difference between elitist and fascist :p. Elitist means that we allow quality stuff, and help people who post poor stuff (probably beginners) improve. I think this should be the new idea of this community: Share knowledge with the others, for example, if a newbie posts a simple spell, we should explain him why it is simple, and only then delete it. We should help these people improve their skills, not by simply asking their questions or making their requests.

This is the real problem of the site. Many newbies come here (yes people, I've been a newbie myself and now look at me, I will tell you that I learnt a lot in a year because of this community) but many of them, do not advance, yet remain at the stage of newbie. You shouldn't be complaining when we delete a stuff! You should ask for help, read some tutorials (there are hell enough around here) and learn as much as you can, by experimenting yourself. That is the key to success, not simply whining and expecting knowledge from thin air.

That is why I choose quality, but not a quality unaccessible to everyone, but a high standards quality! ;)

~Daelin
I agree; the quality notch needs to be slid up, but not too much.

How about creating a few new categories in each section? Some kind of "reccommended" area; where resources of a skilled nature may be placed by moderators. Thus, if somebody can't be bothered filtering through the dross, they can search this category, but people new to the industry can still post their early works and get help in another area. Something half-way between a normal resource and a Directors' Choice?
I agree, go quality, nothing really to add more...

and btw the DC system doesn't work right, there are resources in the DC directory that don't deserve to be there, and there are high quality resources that stay forgotten.

Level 14
To promote both usefulness and quality of work, an option should be added where resources which are in the top 30% (Variable) for downloads of their catagory get a star beside their name.

An extra part could be added to the search function, search for resources with or withour a star. This narrows down efforts on looking for quality material, while still leaving the lower quality material on the site.

Resources in the lowest 10% of their catagory for downloads should be removed if they stay there for 2-3 weeks.

New maps should get a red star for their first week to include them in the star search, so they get attention when it matters most.

This easy-to-implement (I hope) system holds the pros of both sides, while minimising the cons.

~Softmints

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I say the site should go a combo of both.
2 diffrent map bins one for "junk" maps and one for good or promising maps.
This will seperate the maps not even worth downloading from the maps that are worth playing.
For the maps that are very good they could have 3 diffrent comment chains 1 overall opinion about the map 2 Sujestions and balences needed about the map 3 bugs.
This would encourage people who made a good map to make it perfect.

Level 7
Quality should always win out over quantity. Although as has been mentioned before people who are new do need a way to get feedback.

To this end I suggest a section, below director's choice, where all the highest downloaded resources can be viewed. Generally if lots of people download it, then they must find it to be of some worth. This should be limited to the top 20% though, since some really shitty stuff is downloaded sometimes.

Also all those crappy copy cat maps should be removed...by this I mean all those "DotA Legends", Etc...

Level 2
I vote for quality, bcause here woudnt be any "trash", there will more usfull models and modelers woudnt spam.... ofcourse there will less models and it will be harder to look for many models for project but it means all models woud work normal....

Level 3
I saw the votes result, and most people say that more important is quality, so it is very posible that moderators are going to remove some useless resorce, but bufore you remove thoes resorce please make sure it IS useless.

please dont remove simple resorce with are very useful for many map makers. If you are going to remove some resorce please look on number of downloads, and let some popular resorce to stay here :)

Level 4
I agree with the flow of where this is going, we defionately do need a section for good maps, here's my idea:

"recmended" section that includes the best 25% of work and also a "bests" section where best 10% is. Directors choice maps come like 1 a month, so cant use this to rely on for good maps.

Also, many people in this thread are saying that we only do it for models and skins, just because thats all they use. This is selfish; people, it should be done for all resources including maps.

Tools are an obvious acception tho, since there are only about 4 or 5 pages of them anyway.

Also, there are many total idiots who think a colour only skin is good to put on here. There is a perfectly good tint tool in object editor to do this! . So dont go putting teal spellbreakers, ect, on the site.

I am 100% with quality, i spend months on my maps they are my pride and joy, and so i get very pissed when i see some prat putting a crappy terained (almost blank) map called something like stealth , and burying it, and putting no coment in when thy post it, and a crappy description.

I started as a total newbie when i saw this site, but I didn't take long to want to start making something to be proud of, and so i practised and i became elite.

i think that any author who cares about hes/(very unlikely i guess, but also, "she") map will post a coment as a sort of extended description. I will stop straying into a quality lecture now, and just say, im totally with us turning 100% elitist.

p.s: vgsatomi, can u try my escape london map out please? :wink: You will like it if you like good maps.[/b]

Level 4
I agree with the flow of where this is going, we defionately do need a section for good maps, here's my idea:

"recmended" section that includes the best 25% of work and also a "bests" section where best 10% is. Directors choice maps come like 1 a month, so cant use this to rely on for good maps.

Also, many people in this thread are saying that we only do it for models and skins, just because thats all they use. This is selfish; people, it should be done for all resources including maps.

Tools are an obvious acception tho, since there are only about 4 or 5 pages of them anyway.

Also, there are many total idiots who think a colour only skin is good to put on here. There is a perfectly good tint tool in object editor to do this! . So dont go putting teal spellbreakers, ect, on the site.

I am 100% with quality, i spend months on my maps they are my pride and joy, and so i get very pissed when i see some prat putting a crappy terained (almost blank) map called something like stealth , and burying it, and putting no coment in when thy post it, and a crappy description.

I started as a total newbie when i saw this site, but I didn't take long to want to start making something to be proud of, and so i practised and i became elite.

i think that any author who cares about hes/(very unlikely i guess, but also, "she") map will post a coment as a sort of extended description. I will stop straying into a quality lecture now, and just say, im totally with us turning 100% elitist.

p.s: vgsatomi, can u try my escape london map out please? :wink: You will like it if you like good maps.[/b]

Level 2
How exactly will "quality" be judged? I find this important, for if the site adopts ways to glorify quality over quantity, then there might be unjustified judging of the "quality" maps(provided the adopted methods aren't proper).

How could something be wrongly judged? I have a series of altered-melee maps - it's called Art of War.

Now, this series has extremely well thought out tech trees for Demons, Nagas and improved ones for the regular four races. The units make sense and the polish - by now - is Blizzard quality. In short, the map is incredible.

Unfortunately, it recieves maybe 40 downloads max. Why? For a pretty pathetic reason. There was another altered-melee map right next to it - its name was Race Wars. I mean no offence to the creator, but it was seriously thrown together... crap. BUT!, it had one thing my map didn't: a minimap image. Due to this, the map had 200 downloads(last I checked which was quite sometime ago).

This was not a rant, it was simply an example.
I truly hope that the adopted ways for quality don't involve anything which would be as unfair as a map requiring an imported minimap picture.

If the time is taken to view each map, then I agree with a more strict method.

Level 6
Hmm, what about mixing quantity AND quality? I think that quantity should be equal as quality on this site. For example, that Murloc Myrmidon is dum and stupid and ... other things I wouldn't say about it, but if anybody wants a mutated naga in his/her map it is very useful.

Level 10
Hmmm i think that quality is one thing, but from that it narrows the flow of ideas and eventually we run out. The higher class spellmakers will evenetually lose interest. Still, with a large quantity we get more ideas coming in. Besides, if you find a horribly done spell with an interesting concept, then it is from that idea that the elite spellmakers can create effective spells using the ideas of the novices. The bets idea i can think of is allowing all spells still, but deleting them after a duration based on their quality. Therefor high qualitiy spells will last for comths and go into archives while weaker ones will last shorter, and horrible spells and models will abruptly be deleted. This way we don't stop the flow of ideas, but we just keep the sections clean.

Level 3
It would be a lot more work for the staff of wc3sear.ch if we went quality, however it would be a lot easier for people looking for files for their maps. Thank's a lot for giving us this choice! ^_^

Level 5
Although I support a move towards quality, we need a set definition for that or else we'll fall into a slippery slope of elitism. (Of course using icons/skins/models as the obvious example).
-My thoughts on what that definition should be: The ONLY criteria for quality that we should use for a resource is how nice it looks in-game. The method by which a resource is made should not (unless its stealing from other users) under any circumstances have weight in determining if a resource stays or is deleted. Any reasonable person would most likely agree that any method of creating stuff (free hand, filter, geoset, CnP, or even recolor) is capable of producing resources that look great in-game. In regards to how maps fit into this, we should not allow beta versions of maps to insure that the maps we have are fully playable and less buggy.
-Conclusion: We should increase quality, but as long as a resource looks decent in-game (when a player is actually playing WC3 for those who don't know what it means) it should be good enough to be on this site. In-game should be the only standard and is a good starting point for a uniform definition.

Ki

Ki

Level 7
I think people are placing their votes based on which resource they use/submit most often. This question would be better split up on each individual type of resource.

Skins and Models: I say we go with DeadDogNoGoWoof's idea of a better search method that includes more specific categories.

Maps and Spells: I say quality over quantity for these types of resources. This is mainly because these resources take longer to look at and you can't visually see all that it has to offer through a simple screenshot (unlike skins and models).

Other: I say these should remain the same as they take up little space anyway.

Ki said:
I think people are placing their votes based on which resource they use/submit most often. This question would be better split up on each individual type of resource.

Skins and Models: I say we go with DeadDogNoGoWoof's idea of a better search method that includes more specific categories.

Maps and Spells: I say quality over quantity for these types of resources. This is mainly because these resources take longer to look at and you can't visually see all that it has to offer through a simple screenshot (unlike skins and models).

Other: I say these should remain the same as they take up little space anyway.

I agree. listen to this guy.

I was thinking about skins and models anyway when i typed up my idea.

Level 10
Quality should be displayed

Keep quantity like now but point out quality as much as it is in the ressource.

In detail:
I don't think that we improve the community by excluding all those who don't make high-quatlity until now. Some of them may in the future and if we exclude them from this community by deleting their work, we might destroy this chances.

I think the best thing would be to make it easier to see the quality of ressources. A nice minimap picture is not necessarily a good map but it's nearly the only thing to see quality before downloading and testing.

We should introduce a quality ranking similar to the old rating system. Since you don't trust each other, only the moderators should be able to give these quality recommendations. The more grades, the better, I'd propose 10 different categories.
The problem is, that someone has to implement the feature and there would be very much work for the moderators: If only half of the maps of the last two days have such a grade of recommendation, it's useless.

It remains to discuss if we should make some additional voters whos voting ability is limited to a specific category. It should always be at last one click for normal users to see the possible voters for the section, but not possible to see the exact person who judged the ressource. There should be a reporting-function for the votings.
KI is right, we don't need so much effort for the Skins, Icons and Models sections, because for those it's normally obvious to distiguish between newbie rubbish and real quality.

Stick to quality but do not be too strict on it.

VGsatomi. Can you please explain what you mean by a good quality work and a bad quality work? Can you send an URL to something what you LEAST expect from good quality work?

What I think is that "Yes" it should be a bit more about quality. But you should not be too strict on it either.

You should not delete not very good quality work already posted on this website. Also some people just make some units don't have a weapon or they take a weapon from other unit and post it as Attachment. While you might (I am not sure if you do) consider this as not a lot of effort but other people would find it really useful.

You should be more for quality but you should not be too strict on it either. If quality is not very good you should also look at the usefulness of the model.

About beginners getting feedback:
Make forums where beginners can post their work and get feedback. It would be better that it automatically goes to this forum if you think it is not very good, unless of course it is totally bad and useless in which case it should be deleted.

I've got a MUCH better idea!!! :D

Why don't we choose if we want Bad quality to be posted or not. (Just like as how we choose amount of posts per page etc).

Just like we have "Compact"/"Detailed". Instead of deleting the not as good quality things you can just MARK them. If people want only to download good quality it is possible with 1 change of an option! It would also be possible to see not very good quality resources by just changing this option as well, simple! :D

Option should something like:
"Good Quality"
"Not very good quality"
"Both"

Please post opinions about this, I PERSONALLY think it is a good idea because it suits everyone. If people want quality, they change it to "Quality" if they want Quantity, that’ll change it to "Quantity”:D

Level 10
VIRUS_OF_MADNESS said:
I've got a MUCH better idea!!! :D

Why don't we choose if we want Bad quality to be posted or not. (Just like as how we choose amount of posts per page etc).

Just like we have "Compact"/"Detailed". Instead of deleting the not as good quality things you can just MARK them. If people want only to download good quality it is possible with 1 change of an option! It would also be possible to see not very good quality resources by just changing this option as well, simple! :D

Option should something like:
"Good Quality"
"Not very good quality"
"Both"

Please post opinions about this, I PERSONALLY think it is a good idea because it suits everyone. If people want quality, they change it to "Quality" if they want Quantity, that’ll change it to "Quantity”:D
Not bad idea, such a filter! But we still need people who decide if a work is good quality or not. And since this is the main point there is not a big difference to my proposal with more grades than two. And then every user can select which should be the lowest quality he wants to see.

Level 4
I say quantity. All the stupid people won't know how well made something is. Even if something is well made, it doesn't guarantee anyone would use it. And the opinion of what is quality work varies from person to person. Who's going to define quality? If you have just quality, this website won't have much resources anymore. You can't boast about how much of this and that you have. Reducing quantity will just reduce the variety of things you want to find, unless there is a place for people to request to make things. If too much crap comes up, maybe there should be a way to vote to delete or vote to keep something up.

Also, I think it's difficult to find specific models. If i wanted to find a robot for instance, I would try to search for robot, but I don't think it ever works. There should be a search by description. Have the uploader describe it with keywords.

I think there should just be a way to give recognition to great/good maps. Or just for doing something really interesting.

Level 5
I agree with Sansui on this. There should be a much stricter quality policy. New people can post there works on the forums.

A lot of you are forgetting that space on the internet costs money. While it may not be a problem now, it could be later.

Level 2
I believe it should go with the idea of putting it into certain areas, but certain resources could be cross catergorized. Revamp the directors choice only allow the best of the best. while having a beginers corner for critisim.

Status
Not open for further replies.