• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Important site poll

How should the future of wc3search be conducted?

• I got another idea! (Please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think stricter upload rules will be enough, and everything that doesn't follow those rules should be deleted, no discussion, but those rules should be picked carefully.
and not just one person should make up those rules, together we should come up with teh best rules possible so that every resource that really deserves to stay, CAN stay.

Here is one idea

Models must have a portrait model or camera

Level 45
yeah i agree...pisses me off seeing fecked up in game portraits..
i think some of mine r missing potraits though..

i also think..maybe 2-3 main mods per section..and they must be active...

also...crappy filtered skins should be deleted unless effort has been made..like..maybe filtered..metals..just to do metals..then the cracks and scrapes..and the rest done my hand...i mean..like using gradients..
and map section needs cleaning..too many copies and no given credits to the orginal..
also..we need a better irc...it sucks..and its gone...
so yeah..go quality...
and..well the art section is pretty much dead do to too many subs at one during time..and being elfy not here again :cry:

Level 2
Any new information on this?

Frankly, I think quality is better, but we should also be a supportive and helpful site for new map makers and those seeking help.

I think the main section is the maps section that needs cleaning. I imagine maps usually take up the most space. I think quality control needs to come in when someone makes another TD or AOS thats suppose to surpass DOTA. Frankly, those genre's have been done to death, and people need to move on. I think most of those maps belong in VG's 'me too' catagory.

While we have many FAQs and Tutorials on the site answering most questions, people seem to be too lazy or unobservant to use these resources. Perhaps there is some way to make these resources easier to use and more noticeable? Also, the tutorials section above and the tutorials section on the forums are two different things. How about making the tutorials section link to the tutorials forum?

Another note on Quality Control: What about foreign maps? How can one know if its a quality map if you can't even read what to do?

Just my two coppers.

Level 5
1. Strict quality restriction gives birth to elitism.

2. This is a resource dump, not a gallery.
Hmmm ?
But useless ressources. It's wasting money.

Good ressources are drowned under millions "pieces of shit" (sorry ^^)
A big number of ressources means too longer loading time... think about that...

...at the end, bad ressources aren t used because nobody wants to use these skins / models ... and good arent too because they arn t found.

:\

NB: Sorry for my poor english

Level 4
pfft

i concur, half ground is teh pwnzorz.

sorry couldn't help myself. I'm not great at making maps and i'll be darned if i even know which program to use for models but there are some maps that are just.. like.. 3 units and a gold mine. Anything with reasonable EFFORT, for example an epic map filled with terrain that isn't necessarily brilliant or even good but it's there and the author tried their hardest. I have seen models that aren't necessarily good but a lot of time have been put into them. On the other hand i've seen footmen with a paladin's head.. i mean what the hell, a little stupid if you ask me.

Level 3
How about removing old (unused) submissions and then lowering the quality needed for director's choice drasticly

I suppose it's the resources that makes this site so slow? 'cause that's really annoying ^.^

Level 5
Well I would like to say something I posted a map named Gun wars a few days ago and it took me seven months to finish and I worked on it a lot when I post people download but they cant even comment to help me upgrade my skills also those maps that are made without the minimun effort should be erased because first: no one would like to download a boring and bad map that what does is to bury the professional maps in the archive, second: the most downloaded maps are the ones that take time to make obviusly and are the most repected ones, finally: I hate lazy people CMON work on your map maybe its s long time to make it but everyone will support someone that does things right not those lazys that finish maps like in a day or so, thats what I say.

Dudeofwar

Level 24
There should be two sections/archives/sister sites/whatever, one as a resource dump and one for elitists
bandwith-wise that would kinda blow but it would make it so much worthwhile to find maps to play instead of maps to comment and provide advice on

Status
Not open for further replies.