• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import terrain,triggers and units from another map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Couldn't you just shift+click then delete?

Anyway, it'd be just as much of a hassle but, you probably could:

Select the all the terrain, paste it onto a map that's the same size.
Do the same with the doodads(hard part would be placing it all in the same area. Same with any placed units and such on the map.

Export->Import object editor data and triggers. Be sure to create unknown variables, or you'll be spending a long time retriggering things.

Level 18
there are always some basics I would try, like: mark everything and hit Ctrl+C to copy, and ctrl+v to paste.. you also can press shift and hold it while you click on the first and then on the last (for example) part and everything in that range gets marked.. also holding strg while clicking increases the amount you will mark.. it works for triggers as I know.. But I'm not sure for the imported models and stuff like that, else you'll have to sit there and get in the rythm of pressing enter and the delete key ^^

Level 2
Ok, got a new map with all in out of the other map and WITHOUT the fucking modells, Solved.

EDIT: Shit, it's not solved.... how it sees weren't the bags the things which made the map file broken. Has anybody a programm for searching mistakes in maps ????

Uhm resay that? Maybe a problem is that there are still things using the paths for the imported models in the object editor? Doodads/units placed on map that had those imported models used to?

Status
Not open for further replies.