• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Import] How to import entire Import Managers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I kinda asked this question once but I formulated it really badly. Basically, what I want to do is export/import entire lists of custom models/icons/skins at once from one map to another (in the same way you can export/import unit/spells stats from one map to another). I'm asking for this because I have a map with plenty of custom imported models and icons and I want to apply the stats to another melee map. The stats can be easilly imported, but everything looks silly without the proper custom effects/models and I don't want to import each and every model individually again.

So, is there a way to do this?

Level 26
Sorry, this won't work after all. That's because even if the .imp is restored, the real imports won't be on the right paths. The export function just cuts off the directories. You could instead do it via the MPQ editor, only have to pay attention that you only grab imports and not the map data.

edit: I have written a little tool to export a source map's imports/import it into a target map again, using and morphing the .imp files. See http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/warcraft-editing-tools-277/lua-wc3binaryfile-233706/. You can send me the maps, then I can do it for you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.