• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

import model doesn't work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to import naruto models that i've downloaded from here but the official models naruto models from a user!
i'm doing step by step the instructions but it doesn't work !
It's always a GREEN cube !
HELP!

Level 11
Also, when you "put a model on the ground", save and restart the WE. That should fix it. It always happens to everyone.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Fire and Ice, that does not work unless you do a registry modification.

The problem is eithor caused by broken models, incorrect pathing or you not folowing import tutorials.

You have to import the model and rename the skins to be the right path that the model needs. Then you need to save your map. Then close your map and WE and WC3. Then reopen your map with WE. The model will now be visable. If it is not visable, you eithor did not folow the above or the model is broken.

Level 7
Make sure you set the skin paths right i had a problem like this before(too lazy to read tutorials), make sure you remove [the War3imported\]from the model just right, if you are using this model for a destructible or doodad for some unknown reason make sure to set the model variations to 1,Oh yeah and like the others said make sure to restart WE :p

Level 6
Fire and Ice, that does not work unless you do a registry modification.

The problem is eithor caused by broken models, incorrect pathing or you not folowing import tutorials.

You have to import the model and rename the skins to be the right path that the model needs. Then you need to save your map. Then close your map and WE and WC3. Then reopen your map with WE. The model will now be visable. If it is not visable, you eithor did not folow the above or the model is broken.

I see. Oh well it actually worked for me. What i meant was to do that AND then import the files to the correct path. Chances are you wont need to close and reopen the World Editor (I've imported models without restarting almost all the time)

Anyway thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.