• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imperial Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This map has been in the making for along time, it started out as Imperial Earth, but unfortunately the computer that it was stored on got a worm and the only way to remove it was to re-install windows, and in the process the map was deleted (accident i should have backed it up).

But now im back into wc3 and im working on it again, this one will be completed.

Map Details:
Play as different European countries, including turkey. Build up your nation/economy/military etc (same old same old)

This map has been inspired by, Gulf war Desert storm (by hamham), Alternate Future 1.9b, various Risk maps, and Eras Zombie Invasion 0.83.

After playing all these maps alot I realize what makes these games fun and what makes them suck. I think this map when its finished, will be quite popular and fun. As there will be content thats never been done before, and it has a whole new feel. For example you can fully customize the different kinds of technology your nation uses. there will be an estimated 140 different types of researches/upgrades, which will allow for tons of different possibilities and outcomes + you will almost never run out of different strategies to try.

There will be space content, realistic but not 100% precise.
(space craft orbit around earth), You have to carefully plan the trajectory to travel to the moon, as your space shuttle may run out of fuel.
(moon also orbits around the earth)

the space content was already working 100% on my old map, i just need to redo it.

there will be different game modes including:
Normal, Zombies Infection, Alien Invasion, No Nukes, Fair teams, and FFA

id say this map will be nearly borderline sandbox with all the different possibilities.

this map will probably be the best alternative melee map you have ever played, until starcraft 2 comes out.

I dont want to say much more then that as its going to be a surprise for everyone.

[note Imperial Europe isnt the official name, the game is about 10% done, and a open BETA most likely wont be released for 2-3 months, as I dont have much time for map making anymore.]

I do plan on having a closed beta up within a few weeks, if you want to be a tester let me know and ill contact you when its playable.

Edit: ill post some screenshots in a week or so.

Level 6
This map has been in the making for along time, it started out as Imperial Earth, but unfortunately the computer that it was stored on got a worm and the only way to remove it was to re-install windows, and in the process the map was deleted (accident i should have backed it up).

same thing happened to me...:sad:
your map sounds interesting just make sure its not too much like eras or alternate future!

Status
Not open for further replies.