• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Immunity to Environment for Creeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
+++++++++++++++++++
C
H C
+++++++++++++++++++

+ = Walls
H = Player Hero
C = Creep

Now what I have in mind is to have the area between the walls cause constant damage to everything with in that area. What I want is for my creeps to be immune to this damage but still vulnerable to everything else ie. Hero

I've come up with a few ways to do this but I thought I'd ask around for a cleaner more elegant solution.

Level 3
Let me make sure I got this right

Sorry still a bit of a trigger newbie so I just want to make sure I have this right

Untitled Trigger 001

• Events
  • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
    • Actions
This part explains itself

• Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
Ok why use this?

• Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (AREA) matching ((Owner of
  • (Matching unit)) Not equal to Neutral Hostile)) and do (Actions)
So this would select all the units in stated AREA who belong to the LISTED PLAYER and that is not a Neutral?

Would I need to create a line for each player in the game that I want affected?

If not how do I have it deal damage only to players 1-11

• Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 50.00)
Sets the selected units life to Current HP - 50?

Level 3
On a side note with a map that is going to be running for 2+ hours most times will the fact that it processes every 2 seconds cause issues. Wouldn't it be better to only activate the script when there is actually a damagable unit in the region?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
On a side note with a map that is going to be running for 2+ hours most times will the fact that it processes every 2 seconds cause issues. Wouldn't it be better to only activate the script when there is actually a damagable unit in the region?
Yes, you should only ever run code when it is needed. Especially with JASS code as it is interpreted very slowly.

So this would select all the units in stated AREA who belong to the LISTED PLAYER and that is not a Neutral?

Would I need to create a line for each player in the game that I want affected?

If not how do I have it deal damage only to players 1-11
You could test if the player is in a force. That force would be made up of only players it is to effect for example but you could set it to any players. A force is called "Player Group" in GUI for some reason. This force could probably be used in other triggers as well for improved efficiency. Making the force in an initialization trigger will sadly require hard coding but that can be simplified if your players are in a range (eg 0 to 11 inclusive) where loops could be used.

Level 3
Thanks for the help so far

I'll play around with the trigger to see what i can do about selecting only players 1-11.

Derp I'm not following how what I said is different to yours on #4
Current Max
123 / 150

What I said

Unit has 123/150 HP
trigger activates
Unit now has 73/150

You said
Uh... no. It sets the life of the unit to the life of the unit minus a value.

ITs been a bad tiring day I may just be too dull to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.