• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Made an Ultimate from War Stomp/Thunder Clap, it stuns/slows Magic Immunes but doesn't damage them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I've tried changing the Gameplay Constant "Gameplay - Magic Immunes Resist Damage" to "False" but it still doesn't damage them. It still stuns them or slows them down, so I don't think it's an issue with "Stats - Targets Allowed". I'm testing this on the creep units "Enraged Elemental" and "Magnataur Destroyer".
Is there any way to fix this without triggers? Thanks in advance.

Level 1
Sure. Just press V to use the ability.
The "GigaslamOnImmunes" (initially disabled) trigger is my rudimentary solution to this issue. Type en or enable to turn it on and dis or disable to turn it off.

Attachments

• Gigaslam Test Map.w3x
    22.8 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Level 25
Trigger it? Seems like a simple
"A unit starts the effect of an ability"
"ability == warstomp ultimate"
"pick everyone around triggering unit == enemy of triggering player, deal damage to them."

Level 1
I know I can trigger it. I wanted to know if there was a way to do it without triggers.
Also, I need killed units to yield exp/gold, so just dealing damage through a trigger isn't enough. My trigger removes the Spell Immunity ability for 0.2 seconds instead.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Magic immune literally means magic immune. Magic immune units will completely resist damage from both spell (abilities) and magic (attack type) damage.

For effects from ultimate abilities it always used hero classification. So stuns/debuffs would be very short.

Level 1
But Bladestorm, Locust Swarm, Starfall, Doom and other Utimates will still deal regular damage to Magic Immune units. I was under the impression tha Ultimates bypassed Spell Immunity.

Level 13
Might be that those skills are hardcoded to deal damage to magic immune? But, really it's quite easy to circumvent this, also using thunderclap/warstomp is not advised because of irremovable terrain deformations.

Level 19
Might be that those skills are hardcoded to deal damage to magic immune? But, really it's quite easy to circumvent this, also using thunderclap/warstomp is not advised because of irremovable terrain deformations.
removable indeed, but not within map editor. you just have to type in ground deformation value to be 0

on topic - you should rather use triggers, cause raw spell damage will be blocked whatever u try

Status
Not open for further replies.