• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

creeps ignoring walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
trying to make a survival game with buildable barricades(walls) that the creeps will have to attack through to get to the players, but it seems like when i block an area off with walls the creeps treat it as some no-go area and look for some other open entrance...

how can i make them decide to attack the walls?

Level 4
If I'm not mistaken - you could set your priorities of the barricade up higher than the highest unit priority that you are currently using and see if they attack it that way.

Level 9
- First of all check if the creeps CAN attack the barricades. (If the barricades are buildings then check if the creeps can attack buildings.)

- Second, the priority is reverse. Meaning highest priority is 1 and lowest priority is 20. By doing this you should get your desired effect.

+Rep me if I helped you!

Level 4
what about triggering it?

Event Every 0.1 second of the game time
Conditions (no need)

Actions

Unit group - pick every unit in the (playable map area) matching (Unit-type of matching unit equal to barricade) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set (BarricadeGroup <--variable) = Last Created Unit Group

Unit group - pick every unit within 600 range of (BarricadeGroup) matching ((matching unit) belongs to an enemy of Player 1) and do Unit - order (picked unit) to Attack (BarricadeGroup)

Sorry, I don't know how to use the trigger tag :ugly:

but I think this'll help you

Level 9
- That's because the barricades don't attack the creeps! You can add an attack for them with 1-1 damage, normal/siege attack type and a cooldown according to the damage you use. If 1 cooldown is too much (causes at least low damage) then set it higher. Range should be bigger than the units behind the barricade (could be 1800).

- The alternative is triggers.

Level 8
the thing is tho, they come close enough to get taunted. When the way is blocked, the AI will get the creeps to go somewhere else right away.

like if B is near the barricades, they would find some way to get from A to C without going through B

Level 4
EDIT : You can reduce the collision size of the creeps and to make it better, add the Spiked Barricades ability to the barricade, so it can kill the creep, making it more possible to attack the barricade.

(Can u give me the map? I'll be away for about 5 hours but I'll do something to help you.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.