• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Creep seeking and attacking players trigger problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im currently working on a map which is based on the idea of Fortress Survival.

Done almost all the creeps and stuff. But met some big problems here:

If i use the triggers from kodo tag (kodo attacking players)
The creeps like to "try to" get around the walls and dance so long until they got killed by the towers behind the walls.
The creeps got stuck if there is a higher building and they is no direct way to attack it (walls blocking the entrance away from the "higher buildings"
And they all stick together to attack just 1 player, 1 by 1.

I want to make the system like Fortress Survival. the Ai is intelligent enough to aim for the walls first and not dance outside just to get killed by the towers. And they does not get stuck.

Lastly, they will seek out the players automatically which i found it as a confusing and hard trigger to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=and sorry for my grammar mistakes=

Level 12
Im currently working on a map which is based on the idea of Fortress Survival.

Done almost all the creeps and stuff. But met some big problems here:

If i use the triggers from kodo tag (kodo attacking players)
The creeps like to "try to" get around the walls and dance so long until they got killed by the towers behind the walls.
The creeps got stuck if there is a higher building and they is no direct way to attack it (walls blocking the entrance away from the "higher buildings"
And they all stick together to attack just 1 player, 1 by 1.

I want to make the system like Fortress Survival. the Ai is intelligent enough to aim for the walls first and not dance outside just to get killed by the towers. And they does not get stuck.

Lastly, they will seek out the players automatically which i found it as a confusing and hard trigger to do.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

=and sorry for my grammar mistakes=

Ahh my friend, never fear for I am here!

Seek, and you shall find your solution

Make walls have a 1 damage attack at regular intervals with 400 range.

Level 2
Ahh my friend, never fear for I am here!

Seek, and you shall find your solution

Make walls have a 1 damage attack at regular intervals with 400 range.

Uhh but it stucks there still when the creeps found buildings standing up the cliff and they cant reach it, and walls or towers is not in its acquisition's range.

And uh... how to make the creeps attack right after they spawn? [Just like in Fortress Survival]

anyways, +rep

Level 23
the 1 attackdmg is right, you can also play around with priority, but that would risk that the creeps still attack walls when they could attack towers.

Another option would be to decrease the sightradius and aquisition range for the creeps so they dont see the towers, until they get attacked.

xxx = getRandomPointIn(playable map rect) ~

Level 2
the 1 attackdmg is right, you can also play around with priority, but that would risk that the creeps still attack walls when they could attack towers.

Another option would be to decrease the sightradius and aquisition range for the creeps so they dont see the towers, until they get attacked.

xxx = getRandomPointIn(palyable map rect) ~

Tower priority = 0 Wall Priority = 5
I still see the problem when they got attacked by the towers and try to get round the walls.....

I tried to decrease the aquisition range to 90, but it stills try to get round the wall when the tower starts attacking.

And what i need urgently is the "auto seek and attack system" like fortress

Anyways, +rep

Level 6
i think something like spawning a unit and adding it to a unit group can be done by yourself
then u just check every unit in this group every few seconds if they are doing domethin, if not move them to rnd unit of rnd player or, if u want to, to a builder.
I'm lazy right now if u don't get it alone ask someone else.

Level 2
i think something like spawning a unit and adding it to a unit group can be done by yourself
then u just check every unit in this group every few seconds if they are doing domethin, if not move them to rnd unit of rnd player or, if u want to, to a builder.
I'm lazy right now if u don't get it alone ask someone else.

Rite. got the idea now so i can mess around with triggering and try. Thanks and +rep

Oh, and if someone is free to just paste me the triggers, will be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.