• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me on my map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Help me 1 problem!

Hey guys... my friend and I have created this new map which is a little similar as Fortress Survival

So I have a problem when a player gets a base and build attacking towers and walls, then when the swarms approach to the base and attack, it will keep struggling and trying to attack the tower, and it wont attack the wall...

So please help me~!! any help would be appreciated~ =)

Level 6
You could use a trigger to cause them to attack walls > towers

That, or enable the attack 1 of the walls, give them 1 damage with a huge cooldown and make sure their priority is higher than the tower, found in "Stats - Priority". That way, units will go for the walls first as they can attack and will not be ignored. Be sure to remove the weapon sound and turn rate of the walls though, that way they wont turn around and make sound when they hit.

Level 6
I haven't played that map, so I wasn't aware, but I don't think it matters if they have damage... dealing 1 damage every 3600 seconds isn't going to do much and it avoids having to use a trigger, but whatever works really.

Level 3
That, or enable the attack 1 of the walls, give them 1 damage with a huge cooldown and make sure their priority is higher than the tower, found in "Stats - Priority". That way, units will go for the walls first as they can attack and will not be ignored. Be sure to remove the weapon sound and turn rate of the walls though, that way they wont turn around and make sound when they hit.

well nice, that's a great idea i'm gonna it now and hope it works! +rep

any more help would be much appreciated!! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.