• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hive workshop *****!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ah, finally i got someones attention, people have been ignoring my posts about a problem i have which annoys me really much, anyways i have a problem and i hope anyone can help me..

I´m working on a Zombie map, where the objective is to survive as long as possible, you can build walls,towers,units and stuff. Anyway the problem is that when i have made a base and the zombies come to attack, they spend most of theyre time trying to down my towers, that are behind the walls! really annoying. Is there a way to make them more interested in attacking the walls? if so.. please, please reply!

Level 2
Oh, ive gotten answers. Priority isnt the problem, tried it before posting, but i´ll definitly try to give walls attack, dont really like the idea that walls can attack, but if its the only way ill go with it!

Level 19
when I tried this I found out that another important point is the armor of the units

e.g. if the towers have weaker armor then walls (tower: heavy, walls: fortified) the enemys will attack the towers no madder if the walls have attack or not

I tried phoenix fire also but it did not work for me

gonna try immolation now

(before I solved it with 1 damage and another trigger in my damage detection system with +1 heal per attack)

edit:
in my tests spell did not pull aggro
and spells + point value did not work either

however the thread writer s**** d**** when using such head lines :p

edit2:
dealing damage per trigger does not work too (or I chose the wrong damage type but I already tried some...)

Last edited:
Level 2
however the thread writer s**** d**** when using such head lines :p

i didnt want to use that head line, but everyone was totally ignoring/not seeing my posts so i did it to catch someones attention

when I tried this I found out that another important point is the armor of the units

e.g. if the towers have weaker armor then walls (tower: heavy, walls: fortified) the enemys will attack the towers no madder if the walls have attack or not

Changed the armor and tried it together with some weak "wall-damage" and it works perfect, they only target my towers for a second in the begin and then switches to walls and stay on them! thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.