• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Some of you may possibly remember me as, "epiccarrot". Back then, I was childish, pathetic, I had no idea what I was doing at all. The remorse I feel competes to how idiotic and disastrous I was, and I haven't even begun.

To start, I would like to apologise to the many people I annoyed. I have grown up from my annoying ways and hope to improve. I have become more sensible, thinking about my actions and how to control them, but I have learned how to "speak English," (Thanks ap0calypse), but that also brings to mind the regret that I didn't have the chance to say my apologies to him, for it has come to my attention that he has left.

I admit, when I was creating those absolutely horrendous, disgusting maps I thought that they would be good. Apparently not. So, three years on, I have now come to the conclusion that I have increased my creativity in my map creation, going from, what perhaps the worst couple of maps ever made, to something a lot better. But don't worry, I don't intend to upload anything soon.

I think I acted the way I did because I was angry, not that that's an excuse, but that's more the reason. What I expected to receive in feedback was the complete opposite, and I didn't actually think I'd get negative at all. Stupid, I know. But things change, I have actually grown a brain, and can now understand how to communicate properly online.

No, this is not fake. I am purely here to insert my most contrite thoughts about the previous three years. You may be thinking, "Why am I reading this?". You don't have to, but I'm asking for your apology and to accept me back into the community, I swear, I'm so angry with myself for what I did and I want to make peace with everyone here.

I decided to check back on my maps, and then realised how exceptionally terrible they actually were.

I don't expect to be instantly allowed back into the community as a friend, but all I am asking is to give me a chance. Everyone deserves two chances, surely. I wish there was a way to go back in time and redo my actions, but that is certainly not possible, unfortunately.

And, so, I humbly ask whoever remembers my old self, and those who don't even know me from three years ago, to give me one, final chance. A chance to clean my mistakes.

I expected you to not read it, but if you did, I thank you, I really do.

That's my apology. I know, it's not much, but it's all I've got. It's up to The Hive to turn me away into the Abyss or accept me with an extra chance.

I have learned that sometimes "sorry" is not enough. Sometimes you actually have to change.

With deep regret of the last three years,

Epikcarrot (Used to be Epiccarrot).

Level 37
I had similar problem back then. I was thinking my maps are the best and everyone must look at them. But I was wrong. It took a while to understand you're not the best and how to take criticsm.

Eventually you'll have to grow up and understand your own weak points and you can't be best at everything. You'll also have to learn how to take criticsm.

Everyone learns this different ways, but for some it is hard to accept criticsm entire life.

I'm glad you've learned something here. We learn new things through all our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.