• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hi I'm also new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi, nice to meet you all and thank you for your help!

p.s. I've noticed some posts with "codes" for the triggers. I just have one question about that. How do you paste/add/whatever that "code" into the trigger editor on WE? Is it in the comments box that I do that in? :eekani: Thank you again.

I just wanted to paste this up here.
Hi again,
I've been getting PMs about my Screenname, and since the thread, found here: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21968&highlight=nickname
about the meaning of your screenname was unfortunately closed, I've decided to share my origins with you all over here instead. :grin:

Well to clear up some confusion, yes I'm a dude and YES I'm aware that my ScreenName comes from a fictional female character of the StarCraft Universe. Which is why I have chosen the title of Patriarch of Aiur below my avatar. Not saying that being 24 years of age qualifies me for such a position, but it was meant to sort of clear things up.
for more info, click on the link provided below:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raszagal

Alas, the year was 1998. At the age of 15, I was at home, sitting on my old metallic folding chair, playing StarCraft: Brood Wars and there!... lo and behold, was the image of Raszagal appearing before me at the Protoss Briefing Room. Since completing SC:BW that same year, I have grown to admire the Matriarch of the Dark Templar. The fact that she is, or WAS a living witness to the ancient histories of the Protoss. The name itself even appealed to me, that I started using it as my screenname on B.Net. But theres my story in a nut shell. By the way, had Raszagal never existed, my choices of a favorite alternate character in StarCraft, would have either been Adun or Khas. As you can see, I admire history, especially Protoss History! :wink:

Last edited:
Level 32
Welcome to The Hive Workshop!

Welcome Raszagal.
How do you paste/add/whatever that "code" into the trigger editor on WE?
FAQ (Frequently asked question) describes the use of trigger tags. They work both ways: one may copy and paste triggers back and forth between the site and the World Editor.

The Hive includes many talented Warcraft III modders (map and resource editors) of all skill levels among its users. New members (especially friendly ones) are always welcome. Take a look around and enjoy your stay, may it be long and productive!

Some good places to start include:Searching the site using the above link always helps, you can learn a lot that way: just reading and learning is usually the best place to start, especially if one feels overwhelmed.

Likewise, the tutorials can really teach ALL of us a thing or two.

The chat room is cool: lots of people can answer questions there.
  • A few other tips that might help too:
    • Always search first! Did I already mention THAT? :grin:
    • When creating a new thread, make the title VERY specific: so the site's search engine (and we users) can easily understand just what the thread contains.
    • Post your new threads in the proper forum: read the descriptions of each one so that you know what to post there.
    • If all else fails, just send me a private message! I'll try to do whatever I can to help.

Level 3
Additional Protoss Female names

But you could use some male Protoss name, there are plenty of them, Razsagal is the only Protoss female, I even thought that Protoss are only of 1 gender before playing broodwar.

I've thought about it, something like Adun or Khas. So I'll take it into consideration though :thumbs_up:
About Raszagal being the ONLY Protoss female, I would probably disagree with you, although, she is the ONLY Protoss female that I do know in SC:BW, there was however another Protoss female, or Dark Templar rather, within one of the official SC Novels (Shadow of the Xel'Naga- by Gabriel Mesta) by the name of Xeranas. Then of course there is the Mothership unit from the gameplay videos which portrays the voice of a Protoss female. So perhaps, we might be seeing more of them in SC2?
LOL, I had that same thought too, or that the Protoss were somewhat, hermaphroditic? :eekani:

Level 12
Sealhello1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.