• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I'm Famous! xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I'm not normally this big-headed. However, due to the circumstances my morals can be tossed aside while I type this :D

I got mentioned in the november issue of PC Gamer xD Check out the attached images! :D

It's a shame they didn't mention the other project members though :( I've sent PC Gamer an email about it just in case ;)

Attachments

• DSCF0398.jpg
    DSCF0398.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 336
  • DSCF0399.jpg
    DSCF0399.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCF0400.jpg
    DSCF0400.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 272
Level 35
Well, not many Hive members made it to PC Gamer, or anywhere close to it and most probably never will. Congratulations and all, but I'm also quite certain it will be forgotten as soon as D3 comes out.

Anyway, [rainbow fish]+Cake.[/rainbow fish].

Level 30
Wow, congratulations CloudWolf! One day you'll earn millions with the map... hopefully :prazz:

If only :) I'm hoping to make something equally as popular for SC2 when its finally released so maybe I could earn some cash / reputation that way ;)

Well, not many Hive members made it to PC Gamer, or anywhere close to it and most probably never will. Congratulations and all, but I'm also quite certain it will be forgotten as soon as D3 comes out.

Anyway, [rainbow fish]+Cake.[/rainbow fish].

I know what you mean :p D3W is probably just going to be a 1 hit wonder ;) Within the month everyone will have forgotten about it again :p Anyways! I need to get back to finishing v1.19 :p I've got this bug which makes the whole game crash I need to fix xD Only started happening after the latest patch :(

Level 16
Hey man, I think its a great honour bestowed onto you, so if you feel like letting your hair down and feeling a little big headed at the moment, I'd say its all pretty well deserved. And personally I feel very happy too knowing that a mapmaker can get a recognition like that. Congratulations! :D

Level 8
Money in sc2 is meant for bigger caliber modders&map makers anyways.

Im not saying that you people cant do it, but it will just take lil bit more than just making a wc3 map.

Anyways, its congratz. Im a big fan of your Diablo maps terrain work, which is like the best stuff Ive seen in any map Ive played for a while. Keep up the good work.

Level 9
Well done =D
I bought the PCGamer last week for any extra details on Cataclysm, didn't bother checking out the 50 essential gaming mods bit though =p

Level 7
Maybe if Blizzard read that you could help make the next one and five us some previews of the next games coming out. That would be real cool (Not like this Isn't!)

Level 17
Woot o.o
I even have that one ^^''
havent readed it yet though, it is on the table downstairs, lol...
Gonna check it out.

But it still sucks that no one never have mentioned anyone except Cloudwolf, outside of hiveworkshop, it was the same thing on blizzards forum and many other sites etc.
We want our credit lol! We also did a part of the map :<
But its nice that the map itself is in it anyway :D

Level 25
Whoa, congrats bro! Finally getting the recognition this project needs. Maybe you can setup a deal with Blizzard to make you some $ like IceFrog did with DotA!

Anyway, hope this bring some awesome new fans to the community, outside of the Hive.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Magazine's release issues a month early.

~Snap

Heck even several months early.. I always get confused when I buy magazines, you know.. in September, perhaps middle or late September, I go to a store where they sell a lot of magazines, to buy, for example, ImagineFX, and there I am, they have two magazines, obviously the old one hasn't sold out, but both are ahead of September, they have October and November issue. It's really frustrating when you look at which one you have, and then plan on buying every single one without subscriptions - oh, so I have the July issue, that means I need to buy the August issue.. in June. It's logical, isn't it? Imagine the newspaper doing the same thing (only on a day to day basis) you could buy Friday's newspaper today, Wednesday. If anything, the more appropriate way to do it, was the other way around, the news of Friday you could buy on Saturday. Thereby making the NOVEMBER issue of a magazine available in the end of November, or beginning of December. As a look back at what happened in November.

Sorry for ranting in an absolutely unrelated, necro-posted thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.