• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm bacK!! o.O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I've decided to put everything in one place... Hope you enjoy! Will be updating soon! :)

Bratkoudavnejmladosci.jpg

Slikazozautogramom.jpg

Oo.jpg

meh.jpg

CrazzyRuthenianBW.jpg

tri.jpg

dva.jpg

Jeden.jpg

Kompilacija2.jpg

Kompilacija.jpg

VovkNapizdzeni.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Mojpershioficijalnitribalchok.jpg

HD.jpg

CrazyCousins.jpg

Hmmm2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
This is still not "the" hero I want to make, I'm still trying out some ideas, I do realise it looks lame (due to my lack of drawning talent and imagination), but I'm learning..

I wan't to make him look like a fighter, yet still keep most of his traditional clothing (like those flowers xD), so if anyone's got good advice, I could realy use it..

Attachments

• Hihih.jpg
    Hihih.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 361
Level 6
Perhaps this is better? (I'm not good with perspective, or anatomy, so any suggestions are welcome)

Attachments

• Crazzy Ruthenian!.jpg
    Crazzy Ruthenian!.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 350
Level 6
First of all, tnx Aeroblyctos! :D

I didn't make many changes on this one, I merely rotated the head a bit, erased the ear (was far 2 big :D), i made the sun hat larger, tweaked the Hoe a bit, highlighted some things (can't realy get the feel of the light, dunno where should I put the Moon/Sun), added Lame grass and Sky... Anyway, here's this version. new one will be coming soon

Attachments

• Crazzy Ruthenian!.jpg
    Crazzy Ruthenian!.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 285
Level 6
... I'd apreciate an opinion about the Sun Hat position... Pay no atention to the handle of the hoe or the hand in the second pic.. P.S. It would be helpfull if someone could give me an opinion about those icons (i mean the icons "Last of his kind"), i don't know if I should pick the Flag icon, or the "shield" icon??

Attachments

• Crazzy Ruthenian!.jpg
    Crazzy Ruthenian!.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Crazzy Ruthenian!2.jpg
    Crazzy Ruthenian!2.jpg
    521.4 KB · Views: 284
Level 6
Hmm, it seems that I'm speaking to myself in this topic, so I'm just gonna put this pic as the final version... GL HF ;)

Attachments

• Crazzy Ruthenian! B&W.jpg
    Crazzy Ruthenian! B&W.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 268
Level 6
Hey everyone! I was bored today, so I decided to draw a portrait of my bro :)

This is the first w.i.p. Hope you like it, but if you don't, I'll be glad to hear your thoughts anyway ^^

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 237
  • wip2.jpg
    wip2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Level 6
Sooo, the final version, because I'm too lazy to dabble with the details :)

Attachments

• I guess final version.jpg
    I guess final version.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 220
Level 6
This one's a bit older, but I like it :) I like to doodle in school, so I made 1 doodle in 3D (but it turned out to be a combination of the 3d max logo and jing-jang) ^^

Maybe I'll post some of them here, but they aren't much to look at..

Attachments

• Doodle tribal .jpg
    Doodle tribal .jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,362
Level 6
Sooo, these are my doodles. They are not pretty, but I'd like to share them with you. if I count the other notebooks, that I could't find, I'd say that these are just 1/3 of the doodles. If I count the books we use at school, these would be only about 1/5.. If I count the countless doodles I drew at my desk at school, (which were erased by the angry cleaning ladies, practicly on a daily basis), I'd say that these are only just about a 1/15 of my lifetime doodles.. Most of these are quite old, since i photographed only what I could find, And I know it looks lame when it's separated into 2 pieces, but I just didn't have enough RAM to make a single JPG image with all these doodles (and I had to lower the resolution on "Doodles") xD So... I hope you enjoy them, but if you don't, that's ok as well! GL HF!!

There's just one problem, you can't zoom in on these pics -.- I made them very high resolution, so you could take a closer look at it, but now it's just useless without zoom.. both pics = 24 mb.. If you want to save, and take a closer look, you have my permission, but I doubt anyone will...

Kompilacija.jpg

Kompilacija2.jpg

Level 6
Hhh I'm sorry you have to see this, but I don't feel like studying right now, so I drew this atrocity :) Hope you hate it! ^^

Attachments

• The boringoid .jpg
    The boringoid .jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 290
Level 6
Soooo... I've been having loads of crap these days that needed to be learnt, so I could get some good grades at school.. :ogre_rage: I don't have any tests tomorrow, so I took some time to make this for a friend of mine.. Whataya say?

I think it's fairly obvious that I have no experience at drawning tribals at all, and that it need loads of more work,but I hope I'll get better! It's fun to draw lines :))

My problem is that I draw these things while referencing on some pic.. Perhaps in the future I will be able, to create a shape of an animal in a cool perspective on my own

Attachments

• wtf.jpg
    wtf.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 188
  • Work in progress.jpg
    Work in progress.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 117
  • WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Vovk Napizdzeni.jpg
    Vovk Napizdzeni.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Level 6
Hello everyone! The reason I'm posting this is because there will be a poster making contest at my school, and the theme of the poster is Ivo Andrich. So I made this today.. Didn't feel too creative I guess. The pictures of Ivo Andrich on the internet are black and white, and kinda poor(ish) quality, because they were taken a long time ago.. I know it's got a lot of mistakes, but I don't know, I kinda like how he turned out, especialy since this is the second "serious" drawning I tried to make (the first one being my bro).. The poster obviously isn't finished, and I haven't the slightest idea what to do with it now..

Here's a quote i kinda like, taken from Wikipedia: In 1961, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature "for the epic force with which he has traced themes and depicted human destinies drawn from the history of his country"

EDIT: I forged the autograph on the second pic.. It's more for the gag of it :)

Attachments

• poster.jpg
    poster.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Portret3 zoz autogramom.jpg
    Portret3 zoz autogramom.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Level 6
It looks like I'm talking to myself here.. Anyway, I have some friends that are in a band, called the "Crazy Cousins".. If you want to check them out, they are not famous (yet ^^), here:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EctWwjQ8cA
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3EvCYSdqzQ
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3J_nV2vQtc
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru9kg2eOLBk
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G1WmsjtNAU
They have a FB group as well...

And heres some things I made, insipred by them :) P.S. I was drunk when I drew the first one :D
And also I would apreciate some ideas about the third pic.. It doesn't feel finished..

Attachments

• Hmmm2.jpg
    Hmmm2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • Crazy Cousins.jpg
    Crazy Cousins.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 106
  • !!!.jpg
    !!!.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 79
  • Cartoon!.jpg
    Cartoon!.jpg
    339.5 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Level 6
This is a WIP of a portrait of a friend of mine.. Will be updated tomorrow maybe..

Attachments

• Guess who.jpg
    Guess who.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Guess who2.jpg
    Guess who2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Level 6
Heres the final version I guess.. I just tried to save the lips, but without much success.. Anyway, Not much contrast, just a booring pic of my friend, and it doesn't even look like him that much xD Cheers!

Attachments

• Guess who3.jpg
    Guess who3.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 114
Level 6
New WIP.. :) I just have "one" question (well, for the "elites"): When will I improve? Do I need to just keep on doing these dull portraits to infinity or do I need a change in style, or something? I am a self learner, so I know nothing about the "rules" of drawning (like proportions) etc. What is the solution to my problem?

Attachments

• WIP.jpg
    WIP.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 120
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 59
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Level 6
Hey all, I've been a bit inactive lately.. It's mostly 'cause of the holidays, so I don't have time to draw.. Anyway, I finished this today - no inspiration I guess.. I suck at drawning cloth, so I loose interest..

And another thing: From now, on, I will put everything in page 1..

GL HF all!

Attachments

• meh.jpg
    meh.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 63
Level 6
Talk about a blast from the past! :D I'm still in the learning proccess, and it's been awhile since I've drawn anything, because of school and preparation for college -.- I believe I will have even less time for drawning afterwards... :mad:

Tnx for the compliment, glad you like these! ;)

Level 6
Hey all! Been a long time.. :) So I finaly caught some time to doodle/practice my drawning skills.. It is not promissing so far o_O Tried to use paint this time ^^

I used all kinds of references for the woman, but nothing for the phoenix.. I am slowly working on drawning the phoenix's body (left wing is a fail so far).. Don't expect much..

EDIT: the woman was too big a resolution for THW, but I took care of that :)

Attachments

• Phoenix.jpg
    Phoenix.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 71
  • shklj.jpg
    shklj.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 56
  • wip2.jpg
    wip2.jpg
    993.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Wip3.jpg
    Wip3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 6
Hey everyone! This is just a little fun ive been having today. :)

Its been a long time since i could take a hour or two for drawning because of school.

I know this sucks, but i did not do my best, nor have i felt the need to finish it. I just made a doodle, and played with it :)

GL HF!

Attachments

• Doodle.jpg
    Doodle.jpg
    491.5 KB · Views: 70
Level 6
New WIP... I'm gonna try to take my time with this one, 'cause I want it to look nice :)

I wont work on it during the weekend, but after.. GL HF all!

Added WIP2..

Yep.. WIP3

Attachments

• WIP1.jpg
    WIP1.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 66
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 87
  • WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Level 6
Here's another wip... I don't realy have time to draw, because I must study in order to go to college... Yep, it's still quite bad, but the background will be changed, details on the scales will be made, the belly scales will not be red, but yellow or something, more lighting changes, etc... -.-'

And yes, I JUST realized that he looks like a ripoff of an Argonian.. Damn my subconcience!! :mad:

GL HF to all! :pgrin:

Attachments

• WIP4.jpg
    WIP4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Level 25
Hmm, it looks rather fine Zwonne.

But there are some stuff that you should look in to, one of them being complementary colors. Remember, the shading on red is usually green and not just a darker shade of red or black. Also, adding complementary colors usually gives the drawing more depth. Try doodling around with them on spheres and etc. It will take some time to grasp it (I'm still not sure that I fully grasp it) but it's important to look in to it and get an understanding of it! :)

And just like you said, you need more color variation. Right now everything is red, including the background. His belly could be yellow, just to "pop it out". The background should also be changed, a red background could work if it was more “alive”; a volcanic landscape or something, but these shades of red are very annoying as they melt with the dragon.
Example: The Destroyer of Worlds by *PepperWolf
The background is actually rather simple; it's just shades of brown (and yellow/orange/red… BROWN xD), but it's enough to make Sargeras pop out as much as he does, despite that the land around them more or less burns. But if you're not going for a background, try something else than these red clouds. And one more thing on colors, never work with 100% black or white in a colorful drawing. Most of the time it destroys more than it helps.

The skull - right now it looks very odd (the proportions are off).
If you look at it now, the left part has a very "pulled/dragged" look. Like someone took the left side of his face and dragged it out (it looks very flat). I've attached an image with what I mean, and trying to show you how to fix it (it's not 100% correct, but I hope you'll see what I mean).

And last, the eye. Right now you have a really "human-esque" eye, which is very odd. Reptile eyes are very different from humans, so it looks very odd right now. Just Google around a bit, you'll see the difference. They have these "valleys" around the eye and there's a much "sharper" look to them. Of course, I don’t know if your design choice was to give it human eyes or not, but if you’re keeping them, you’ve to implement them better, somehow.

In general, don’t be afraid to play around with colors, just go mad with them! :)
And BTW, saving your images as .PNG gives them a better quality than .JPG

Hope it helps, somehow ^^

Attached Image (Huge):
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/141575-albums3291-picture58905.png

Edit
And yes, I JUST realized that he looks like a ripoff of an Argonian.. Damn my subconcience!! :mad:
Doesn't matter, we all get inspiration from something and it's very, very hard to be completely original, if not impossible :p
Just don't worry about stuff like that, just do the stuff you enjoy doing!

Last edited:
Level 6
Well first of all - wow! :D I was kinda at peace with the fact that im forever gonna talk to myself on this forum, and this was quite a nice suprise :)

I must say, that you did a awesome job at explaining these things to me - since I am a (very lazy^^) self-learner, this is greatly helpfull! :) Hopefuly, I will have more time for drawning soon, and then dazzle you all with the new knowlege I will gain! :ogre_hurrhurr:

About the eye - I kinda did want the dragon to have human eyes (dunno why though), but as you said, it needs more work ;)

And finaly, you did an awesome job with that picture you atached - I can see what I did wrong, and what I need to change :)

Thank you very much! :grin: GL HF!

Level 25
Hehe, no worries dude!
Trying to judge and evaluate people’s art is just a great way for me to keep up with my own knowledge - almost like a test of some sort - so it's just good for me to try to help! It gives me something in return, so I'm happy to help even if it's not much.

About the eye again:
Well, if you find a good way of implementing it, go ahead! But look into some human and reptile anatomy; try to merge them in a good way. I'm not really sure how it will work out, but give it your best shot! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.