• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Origami

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've enjoyed Origami for quite some time now and I really enjoy making it (it's also a diversion at school when there's nothing to do after like a test). Their not incredibly amazing but they are of my own design (not from instructions).
-this seems like the most appropriate place to put this, I hope I'm not wrong.

Also sorry for the quality, I'm using my phones camera

153136-albums2842-picture28583.jpg

Comments:
All of these are made from the same base with slight alterations - the notebook paper cube was my first one (the piece to the left demonstrates the unit). I then wondered if I could dimple it making the pyramidal one to the left. After that I decided to try and add more holes to it resulting in the construction paper one (I made it out of better paper in the smaller version of this).

It takes 6 units to make 1 of these.

153136-albums2842-picture28584.jpg

Comments:
Well as I said this is sort of a rough draft. I wanted to try and make one out of notebook paper first just to see if the units would work and that the construction would be possible. I'll make it out of better paper soon (along with better proportions etc. etc.)

153136-albums2842-picture28585.jpg

Comments:
Got bored in chemistry class.....
(sorry for bad quality)

153136-albums2842-picture28586.jpg

Well I made this to try and translate my idea for a past concept art Contest into paper - eh, it's not perfect but whatever.

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Pretty sweet, not particularly fond of the choice of paper though. I mean, old notes and scribbles for the most part?

I got a book with lot of origami that can be created without any cuting and ALL of those need square paper. It have a lot of stuff, most hard is 3 head dragon. Need VERY big paper size (about 50x50 cm). I can scan some pictures and post them here so you can look on them and meaby make also. That is russian subtitles... I can delete them. Nice origami by the way. I have never seen cubic spheres like that.

I got idea, you may like it:
make something warcraftish with paper :D

I got idea, you may like it:
make something warcraftish with paper :D

Well I could try to make something Warcraft-ish with paper but I'm more into making animals and modular Origami (things like the cubes). My method is normally to toy with the paper until I get an outcome, but I've gotten what could be Wacraft stuff with paper (an attempt at a moose turned into a centaur). Idk - I may try it.

I got a book with lot of origami that can be created without any cuting and ALL of those need square paper. It have a lot of stuff, most hard is 3 head dragon. Need VERY big paper size (about 50x50 cm). I can scan some pictures and post them here so you can look on them and meaby make also. That is russian subtitles...

That seems like it would be pretty cool to try - the books I have are a bit easy so something more challenging could be interesting (i don't care about the russian subtitles - their fine if you decide to scan it).

-I'll post some new ones sometime soon

Hehe you may cant w8 so it is 3:30 of morning XD and I am scaning old dirty Origami book :D Here is first and easy creature: Rat. When you done, I gona scan an other.

Autor of book is John Monroll: Myphological Creatures and Chinese Zodiac in Origami.
For anything you dont understand, tell me.

Attachments

• Origami_Rat 001.png
    Origami_Rat 001.png
    131.4 KB · Views: 10,107
  • Origami_Rat 002.png
    Origami_Rat 002.png
    259.6 KB · Views: 3,865
  • Origami_Rat 003.png
    Origami_Rat 003.png
    246.6 KB · Views: 9,080
Level 3
Oh, I was really surprised, when i saw "Origami" in THW!
I am origami lover too, and I always wanted to give my hobbies more time than I do right now, but I can't :sad:
I have photographed only one third of my works, so I can't show everything.
Anyway:
1st: Modular Origami with "Tomoko Fuse: Unit Origami Multidimensional Transformations" electronic (pretty free) variation of book.
2nd: Origami Beatle from youtube.com
x_f9719dab.jpg

x_5126e132.jpg

I have found something between papercraft and warcraft: DotA Heroes paper models (not origami), so if someone is interested - write to me (not in this thread), I will send instructions.

DarkTerror.jpg

pandaren.jpg

razor.jpg

Lina.jpg

Silencer.jpg

Last edited:
Hide tags much?

I have found something between papercraft and warcraft: DotA Heroes paper models (not origami), so if someone is interested - write to me (not in this thread), I will send instructions.

Nah, those definitely aren't origami at all. And they're normal Wc3 units so calling them DOtA heroes is a bit pointless.

Cool work in your other two images

Level 3
Yeah, it is wc3 models, but author has named them DotA heroes.
I respect author :)
I don't think that someone will ever make wc3 origami model, because even these paper models look complicated to make :)
And they look poor for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.