• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illusion Strike

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Creates illusions around the target enemy unit.Each illusion fires an illusional wave to the center of the circle.
Level 1 : Max damage 450
Level 2 : Max damage 675
Level 3 : Max damage 900
Little fixed...still fixing....

Keywords:
illusion, strike, blademaster, fast, evasion
Contents

Illusion Strike (Map)

Reviews
02:13, 1st Dec 2009 TriggerHappy: The coding is horrible. You could have used a loop and it leaks a lot. The spell is too simple to be approved anyways.

M

02:13, 1st Dec 2009
TriggerHappy:

The coding is horrible. You could have used a loop and it leaks a lot.

The spell is too simple to be approved anyways.

Level 37
  • Unit - Create 1 IllusionDummy for (Owner of Illusion_Caster[1]) at ((Position of Illusion_Target[1]) offset by 300.00 towards 360.00 degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
^That creates two location leaks, Position of Illusion_Target[1] and the offset location.

Level 22
but why isn't good the targeted unit of ability being cast as traget point?

it creates a point that takes RAM memory, then when you use it again it is with 99.999% chance that it wont be on the same spot and then it overwrites itself, creating a new point and take more memory. Then you will have loads of points that just got wasted and takes space on the memory, that's why you set it to a point, use it and then remove it afterwards.

Level 18
Look, create variable - location (POINT (this is a name)). First set it to something like
  • Set POINT = Poisition of (There_Can_Be_Your_Unit_In_Variable)
Point is your variable

Then you use it into action, like
  • Unit - Create 1 your_unit at POINT facting 0 degrees
And then to remove leak of location you simply do
  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_POINT)

Level 18
Aw, I opened the map and I think you should use math and loops instead of spamming triggers...

EDIT: Ok, I fixed it a little bit, but I didn`t have time to make it MUI.
Here`s script

• Illusion Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins ...
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Illusion Strike
    • Actions
      • Set Illusion_Target[1] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Illusion_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)
      • Set dgr = 0.00
      • Set point_1 = (Position of Illusion_Target[1])
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set point_2 = (point_1 offset by 300.00 towards dgr degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 IllusionDummy for (Owner of Illusion_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at point_2 facing Default orientacja budynku degrees
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) face Illusion_Target[1] over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second General expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Strike to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Strike for (Last created unit) to (Level of Illusion Strike for Illusion_Caster[1])
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead - ... (Position of Illusion_Target[1])
          • Set dgr = (dgr + 45.00)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_point_2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_point_1)
Variables I used are
location - point_1
location - pont_2
real - dgr

Last edited:
Aw, I opened the map and I think you should use math and loops instead of spamming triggers...

EDIT: Ok, I fixed it a little bit, but I didn`t have time to make it MUI.
Here`s script

• Illusion Strike
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins ...
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Illusion Strike
    • Actions
      • Set Illusion_Target[1] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set Illusion_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))] = (Casting unit)
      • Set dgr = 0.00
      • Set point_1 = (Position of Illusion_Target[1])
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set point_2 = (point_1 offset by 300.00 towards dgr degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 IllusionDummy for (Owner of Illusion_Caster[(Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit)))]) at point_2 facing Default orientacja budynku degrees
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) face Illusion_Target[1] over 0.00 seconds
          • Unit - Add a 2.00 second General expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Strike to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Strike for (Last created unit) to (Level of Illusion Strike for Illusion_Caster[1])
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead - ... (Position of Illusion_Target[1])
          • Set dgr = (dgr + 45.00)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_point_2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_point_1)
Variables I used are
location - point_1
location - pont_2
real - dgr

LOL
this also leak :)