• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Illusion does not gain bonus stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys. Have you had this problem before? I placed a Paladin hero, gave it an Item Damage Bonus ability using triggers, then make illusion of it, but the illusion does not inherit the bonus damage.
I tried also armor, str, agi, & int stats, they all don't work.
I think this is hardcoded within the game or sumthing, and it sucks. Is there a workaround to this?

Level 5
Illusions in my map get every bonus I give them, and even have the attachments(added by triggers) of original hero, so I don't think there is anything hardcoded, don't really know what can cause the problem tho. Maybe post triggers or object editor data of your illusion ability.

Level 4
@MooNek - Maybe you haven't use any ability bonuses like I do. I need them for my Stat Bonus system.

@Kaijyuu - Wand of Illusion. I tried it also with Mirror image, same. Ability bonuses still don't apply.

@Dr Super Good - Thanks for the info. I don't think I will use Mirror Image tho. I don't like that it cancels orders and queue-orders (dunno what to call it, its when you hold SHIFT then give orders)

Level 4
I see. Is there a way I can add the same ability bonuses to an illusion then? Like converting it to normal unit, adding abilities, then convert it back again into an illusion?

EDIT:
Oh nevermind. I tested it and it works. Apparently, I can do just that. Add the same abilities to the illusion.

Please mark this as solved. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.