• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Illusion properties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I made a Hero for an alt melee map who is supposed to focus on illusions - I've encountered a couple of problems with the functionality of his illusions.

So, his illusion-creating ability is based off of Mirror Image, which I believe purges before creating the illusions. This clashes with an ability of his that changes his form a la Metamorphosis. When I use the Mirror Image in this alternate form, it returns him to his normal form and the illusions do not appear in the ghost form. Is there an easy way to make the ghost form unpurgeable, or will I have to trigger it?

Second problem is with his other abilities, both passives. His first passive burns mana on hit - after fiddling with gameplay constants the illusions get the visual cue for the proc, but no mana is drained nor bonus damage dealt. Same goes for his ultimate, which is a Permanent Immolation effect. They both *appear* as if they work, but deal no damage, which they are supposed to.

My question is, how can I make them deal damage?

Level 12
Your first problem might be solved by using the wand of illusion ability and order a dummy to use it on your hero.

Feedback based abilities only work for melee illusions, permanent immolation does just not work for illusions. So if you want a special behaviour there you have to trigger it.

Status
Not open for further replies.