• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

Well, as I am going to be making my second map, atleast this time, I will have thought it out, I am doing some brainstorming, and here is what I have so far.

Income and town hall type unit(s).

I have decided to combine them.

By using a modified entangled gold mine, that is upgradable and is able to train, and summon units.

This town hall, has to be built on a major resource, at this point, I am using a gold mine for this, after this, it can summon structures(a modified entagle goldmine skill that, will entangle smaller resources into city sectors.)

There are two types of main town hall like buildings, the city type, and the castle type.

The castle ennabled the training of different types of units, aswell as units specific to the type of castle that you created(each type of castle has a different unit)

Castles can still be used to produce gold, and when upgraded, take up more and more room(making it important to place them correctly.) and do more and more damage, as well as giving the ability to train wall builders, and units to make specific buildings.

But more on that later.

---

Castle specific units.

Castle units will be slightly better, and more costly units, all quite similar in health, and balanced.

The castles do not give a tool tip of said castle unit for a reason, so people will use more of them, and more often.

---
Now, I will not say any more ;_;... why you ask, the last 4 major projects I have been working on, have been stolen, by new ass map makers(WWZ medieval, and a few holy war maps.)

The basic story line, is an island kingdom gets segmented and destroyed after a great plague swept through... you know what, let me put this in a story like way....

*coughs*

Long ago, in the land of Prosperity and Peace, a great terror came to the ounce proud empire of Emeril, the plague killed many hundreds of thousands of the kingdoms people... after 10 years of death, disorder and fear, groups of towns and cities allied together, to seal themselves from the world while the plague ravaged all those they had sealed out.

In order to get rid of the plague in their own lands, they had to do horrible things, killing all those who had the plague, and their families, this time of peril, called for such a measure. When the virus was gone in their own lands, they waited out the storm, unaware of what was to away them, when looking into the lands they ounce freely resided in, the land of Peace and Prosperity, had been brought to a bloody end, and now, 6 centuries after they had locked themselves away, in fear that the virus would return, a new enemy was there to destroy what was left of humanity on the Island continent the fight to survive against the Tagrinmon horde, had begun.

----

The Tagrinmon horde is the result of the mutations that happened to the humans who had a slight immunity to the virus. Slightly like orcs, they are more a mix between Orcs, and humans.

Tall creatures, grayish skin, and an instilled hate of humans in their blood, because of the stories of the Great Betrayal when they locked themselves away, 589 years ago.

---

ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME ;_;...

---

Things I need for the project.

Someone who can do some trigger work for me...
I can terrain better then most, and doodads aren't much of a problem, since they wont be used to much, seeing as this first installment of what I hope to turn into a series, will start basic, and slowly be updated over time, until I get to the point where continueing to build on it would be a bitch, and I release the second part of the story.

I just need some trigger work done, and someone to help me with making god knows how many units.

So far, here are the things I am sure to include.

Dark Horizon

Walls
-Based off burrows
-Open/close gates
-Can station 3 archers a segment.
-Wall builders only trained by a Masons Guild, which is constructed by a castle/city mason.
-Castle masons build a war type masons guild, offering the ability to station a unit inside for extra protection.
-City masons offer better, but much slower construction of walls.
-When a wall segment is destroyed with a unit inside, the containing unit is destroyed also.

Cities
-Capture a nuetral or enemy town, city, or castle, and revert it to a settlement, convert it into a castle, or convert it into
a city.
-Each city provides ten food.
-Economy is based off of civic buildings. each one costing one food, allowing for a total of 300 of them. All, non-capturable
accept for advanced factories, and suburbs.

Units
-Special abilities such as push back, guard, sheild wall, volley, charge, and block.
-Castle specific units, total of 17 castles, each with it's own special unit/specialtly.
-Region based recruitement.

Castles
17 types
-Castle specific units.
Upgradeable to be able to train better wall builders, and war contractors.

More to be added in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 12
Right off the bat, I can say. You shouldn't use Entangle goldmine unless you plan on making the Townhall Walkable.

I'd say your better off using Haunted goldmine If what I see is correct (You want to Make the Townhall only buildable on goldmines.)

As for everything else...
Is this a melee map?

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

It is a modified melee, the combat will be based mainly on autocast skills such as block, charge, and pushback.

Level 12
It is a modified melee, the combat will be based mainly on autocast skills such as block, charge, and pushback.

THis sounds Medival at its core.

Autocast?
Block-I'm guessing some type of Evasion
Charge-I'm guessing Speed up like bezerk
Pushback-I'm guessing a type Bash that deals Blowback instead of Damage/stun

I'd Suggest Also using Defend to minimize damage coming at units

Archers obviously
Walls, Walls and walls (Change model to wall vertical/horizontal/diagnoals) and make it so that units can not blowback through it. (And while your using walls, Doors that have open and closed animations)

Towers (Which would Be orc Burrows that take in archers) and give archers the ability to go into/Go to battle Stations.

And Don't forget to give The Mutants "Desiese Cloud"... But you don't have to...

Um...
I'm sure your going to have some type of hero, but after watching the Olypics, Picture this

-Hero has Pole Vaulting ability-Causes Unit to Becoming flying for a second (Basically a jump with different animations)
-has some sort of shot put ability that makes a person have to click around the character quickly and as many times as they can
like..... You morph into a unit that moves very Slowly. You have 2 secnds to make a circle around your character, (Detect Order Targets). Once you've made a complete circle and targeted an enemy, depending on how many times you targeted the ground your weapon will go further or shorter. No matter what you'll throw a bomb.

Either way, I think you should try and make the heroes have some oldschool, olympic type abilities that act as Minigames.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

THis sounds Medival at its core.

Autocast?
Block-I'm guessing some type of Evasion

A spell that will reflect 40% of an enemies attack, and also give a chance for a total block.

Charge-I'm guessing Speed up like bezerk
This one will be done by a trigger, when a unit attacks an enemy unit, and that unit has the ability "charge" the first strike they land will do x2 damage.

Pushback-I'm guessing a type Bash that deals Blowback instead of Damage/stun.
Somewhat like that, they stun the enemy for 1 second, and the enemy will automatically be pushed back 1 square, I also plan on having a normal, non-stun push back, they will be counter able by shield wall, all taking a few triggers.

I'd Suggest Also using Defend to minimize damage coming at units.
Defend will be used by some units, as guard mode, or shield wall, each having a certain strength.

Archers obviously
Walls, Walls and walls (Change model to wall vertical/horizontal/diagnoals) and make it so that units can not blowback through it. (And while your using walls, Doors that have open and closed animations)
I will be making a few things like these, if I can find a correct pathing ability, a single door, allowing 1 unit at a time through(always open, to avoid annoyance), or a gate, which can be opened or closed.

Towers (Which would Be orc Burrows that take in archers) and give archers the ability to go into/Go to battle Stations.
This is not something I had originally planned on adding, I was just going to base the walls off of orc barrows so they can have archers stationed inside to defend a position(instead of the usual BS.)

And Don't forget to give The Mutants "Desiese Cloud"... But you don't have to...
When I get the full thing done, you will notice that the human race, over time, developed a vaccine, so it would be rather useless to be able to infect them, though the disease can still harm an unprotect human.

Um...
I'm sure your going to have some type of hero, but after watching the Olypics, Picture this

There will be hero type units, they will be known as generals, they can level up, and train abilities, auras basically, the better the general, the more hits he can take, and the better effects he has on his troops.

-Hero has Pole Vaulting ability-Causes Unit to Becoming flying for a second (Basically a jump with different animations)
-has some sort of shot put ability that makes a person have to click around the character quickly and as many times as they can
like..... You morph into a unit that moves very Slowly. You have 2 secnds to make a circle around your character, (Detect Order Targets). Once you've made a complete circle and targeted an enemy, depending on how many times you targeted the ground your weapon will go further or shorter. No matter what you'll throw a bomb.

Either way, I think you should try and make the heroes have some oldschool, olympic type abilities that act as Minigames.

Wow, I will put all that in regardless ;_;!

Replies in bold.

Right off the bat, I can say. You shouldn't use Entangle goldmine unless you plan on making the Townhall Walkable.

I'd say your better off using Haunted goldmine If what I see is correct (You want to Make the Townhall only buildable on goldmines.)

As for everything else...
Is this a melee map?

I have noticed the entagle goldmine ability is a little bit, buggy, so I am testing out a modified haunt goldmine now.

But, I have decided it would be better to use a different economy system, but I may still include a similar system to this for something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.