• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a idea of somthing that could be added.

With each post a user made, he would gain some lumber and some gold. And with every reasors he submits, he gains exp like heros do in wc.

To make it so people dont just spam posts, there would be a max amount of resorses you could get in a amount of time. ( If you made 5 posts in 30 mins, for a example, then every post after that woukld give less and less and less..untill it gave nothing)

Then, there would be shops were, if you had enough resorses, you could buy items. Really goo items might cost exp and maybe even rep, and weaker items would cost gold and lumber. What the items do and how much they cost, ect, would be up to ralle but you can give suggestions.

EDIT: Poll didnt work becaus the site logged me out in the middle of posting it....if a mod could add one I would like it.

CREDITS TO NEARBYHERMIT FOR ASKING FOR CREDITS. ( :at: )

Last edited:
I think the forum is nice how it is now.

You can buy reputation, you must earn from from the community
and were do you need the items for?

I never said buy rep...
Items would do differnt things, they would be all the same, so unless you misspoke, you use them "everwhere"...

I think the forum is nice how it is now.
Yup. That was going to be one of the options in the poll.

It might be a good idea, it all depends on what those items would do.

And 5 posts in 30 minutes is not a lot, putting an restriction like that on would be stupid.

Yeah, I know it would be stupid. I was giveing a example, we wouldnt set it to that amount.

If you have any ideas for items, post them! the only one I had is a colored name in chat (maybe not forever, but for a few days) But there is a reason why only mods have colors, so if it was going to be added at all, it would have to cost alot of exp,gold,and lumber.

Hereto that was my idea,give me some credits
No it wasnt...Remember I was showing you the site and we started talking about it. But ok, I gave you credits now anyways.
And the items should consist in name color,icon change.Etc
Only some items could do that I suppose. Not all fo them though,lol.

Yeah, I kinda agree, rep should probably stay out of it.

Rep is how well know and liked. Would it make wolverabid less wellknown and liked if he used all his rep on items? Of course not! Everybody would still like him and know who he is! So...It would be kind of dumb to use how much people like you as money.

Of course, he could get the items without buying them becaus hes a mod.

BUT, I suppose some really good items could cost 10 rep as well as other things.

Level 40
Blarg, one of the forums I occasionally visit uses vPlaza, and it's more of an annoyance than anything... I have like 99999999 points that I never spend, because all you can buy are colored things (names,user titles,etc) and thief points from other people; the system sounds cool, but when put into practice it's not really practical.

Level 32
Pointless and a waste of server recources, I am sure that all the admins and global mods would agree with me that although such a system may be fun, it will be a waste of time to code and encourage spamming.
100% agreed.

NO system that provides rewards for post count will ever be included here at our Hive. I encourage users to post for quality: a detailed/helpful/informative post or none at all.

It's possible that some type of system might be devised for approved, original, and valid resources, however, as the good doctor has noted, the coding and upkeep of any such system may be problematic. Only Ralle could devise and implement it and he already has his hands plenty full.

Level 24
100% agreed.

NO system that provides rewards for post count will ever be included here at our Hive. I encourage users to post for quality: a detailed/helpful/informative post or none at all.

It's possible that some type of system might be devised for approved, original, and valid resources, however, as the good doctor has noted, the coding and upkeep of any such system may be problematic. Only Ralle could devise and implement it and he already has his hands plenty full.

I second that, it would be a waste of resources, when we could be focusing on the more important parts of the site.

Anyway, no one has really come up with a good idea for stuff you could get, because I don't know about the rest of you but I don't really care about coloured names and chat icons.

Level 10
100% agreed.

I third that, it would be a waste of time and money...we don't need to turn the Hive into a game: *Whoever gets enough money can buy a "Icon" for your self*

Doing that would make Ralle turn the icons into tiny little dots, which is time...and using his programs to make the icons costs money and time. I don't know if the programs are free or not, but I do know for a fact that Ralle Will never make *200* icons just for our entertainment, it would turn the hive into a game.

Also, it would mess up this site greatly. There will be game advertisements everywhere, there will be meatspin and lemonparty links, trust me, on every game site forum there is always spam...and trust me, you do not want to know where those links end you up to. Imagine having 100 spams like that, or similar a day. Every kind hearted people will eventually leave and the site will be corrupted. We do not want that, do we? You can think about the future, but think in the FAR future, and see if this site ends up like the game, Armmegetron. We need to stay Community friendly if we don't want to be corrupted.

Again, I third everything that our good doctor, and Wolverabid said.

Status
Not open for further replies.