• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Idea] - Make 9gag emoticons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
As the title says, can we add rage faces here on the hive? Like the troll face, rage face, LKGKHFHFHKLFKGMFKGF face, shit-bricks emoticon, you-dont-say face, brace-yourselves face, true story face, sir(gentlemen) face, cereal-guy face, are-you-f-kidding-me face, AAAAAAWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHH face, challenge-accepted face, NO. face, satan face, i-lied face, LOL face, me-gustata face, okay face, poker face, y-u-no face, etc. etc. etc.

And the b-please face OF COURSE!
If we do this, i will never leave a comment without a face like this... lol.

Level 14
Well... 9gag is not what i basically like, it's the rage faces in there. I enter 9gag once a month. Last time i visited was before two weeks, i don't like it that much too, don't worry.
I just thought that adding the faces might be a more flexible way of saying what is your current expression (reaction). Those faces most of the time describe exactly my face when i read something.

But yea, adding them will remind us of 9gag... :/

Level 14
Uh... this is kind of messed up. Why are you guys so upset about this 9gag? I mean, it's just a site that contains posts which are funny for some, and crap for others. I mean, some people like it, some don't. Why you say it's bad for everyone? With this logic, there should be no facebook (which i personally hate), YouTube, and all the rest social networks.
Now i am going to say something that may annoy you. Before it, i have to say something else - i love the Hive!
So, some people who hate Warcraft 3 will think that the Hive is useless (i do feel bad for saying this). And with your logic, guys, there has to be no Hive. :/ Skycraft said that there has to be no 9gag because he hates it. In the same logic there has to be no Hive because someone else hates it. But as you can see, we are so happy that it exists. In the same way some people are happy with 9gag. Actually, there is a bit of 9gag in the Hive but you didn't noticed it (perhaps).
[reaction="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/smilies/contest_smilies/ogre_datass.gif"]This emoticon is called "Ogre Datass" and i believe that the word datass has originated in 9gag.[/reaction][reaction="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/images_all/smilies/contest_smilies/ogre_icwudt.gif"]This emoticon is called "Ogre I see what you did there". There is a meme on 9gag called "I see what you did there".[/reaction]I know that these two examples i have given don't necessarily mean that the emoticons' creator got the idea from 9gag. But i do believe there is something related.
I think i got the answer to my problem. This thread may be closed.

P.S. I didn't said that i like/hate 9gag, i don't force you to like it too. Just remember to think before saying something. Also, i didn't wrote this post because i am an @sshole and i hate you. I just want to "open your eyes". I love you guys instead! All of you! Especially the ruler, i believe he is my best friend on the Hive.
Forgot to mention something - thanks for responding to my problem. :thumbs_up:

Level 25
P.S. I didn't said that i like/hate 9gag, i don't force you to like it too. Just remember to think before saying something. Also, i didn't wrote this post because i am an @sshole and i hate you. I just want to "open your eyes". I love you guys instead! All of you! Especially the ruler, i believe he is my best friend on the Hive.
Forgot to mention something - thanks for responding to my problem. :thumbs_up:

Thanks, but I need to continue this argument:

Personally, I find those ogre icons to be THE worst part of this site. Newfriends come and spam them all over the place instead of making comprehensive posts.

"Dat ass" and "i see what you did there" have been around for YEARS before 9gag.

Level 14
I know that these two examples i have given don't necessarily mean that the emoticons' creator got the idea from 9gag. But i do believe there is something related.
Well, now i know. Thanks! :) Also, i don't say those icons are cool or anything. I am just trying to convince you guys that there is no need to hate 9gag that much. From what i saw up in the posts, i can say that you hate 9gag more than everything in your life (almost). A simple "i am not a fan of it" will be enough. I say this a lot of times when i don't like something.

CoLd Bon3 said:
I am just trying to convince you guys that there is no need to hate 9gag that much.
Can I close this thread then?
What you say is not what the thread title suggests (implementing emoticons ≠ "how much do you like/dislike site X" ).

The best way to approach implemention of additional emoticons is where your examples originate from: hosting a respective contest.
If the winning entry/ies happen/s to be related to memes, then so be it, but we certainly won't work on/implement such specific emoticons per se.

Status
Not open for further replies.