• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Life of a Peasant] Idea for a dark comedy custom scenario--Feasibility & suggestions for assets

Level 1
Hey, folks!

I'm coming back to the Warcraft 3 map scene after a long absence from playing, and I was hoping to field some suggestions for adapting the "Storm the Capitol" board game put out by TrueAnon podcast co-host Brace Belden (see link, or use google to find your preferred source: Would You Play a January 6 Board Game? -- I'm completely unaffiliated) into a custom scenario. I feel like adapting the framework of Life of a Peasant to the dynamics of January 6th would be hilarious, but I'd be open to hearing if another game mode would be a better fit, too.

On reviewing the archive of models and skins for the reforged engine, it looks like maybe adapting the storyline of the insurrection beat for beat with roughly "modern warfare" aesthetic assets would be difficult with what's available, though that would definitely be less true if I was to look for assets for the original Warcraft 3 engine which has years worth of good modder content. I just don't know whether using the original or reforged engine would reach more players at this time? I also cosidered whether this would be a fun concept for Starcraft 2, especially with the different Terran factions in-lore you could have as stand-ins, but I can bother folks on SC2Mapster if I end up feeling that might gel better.

I know it's a goofy idea, but my first ask is for suggestions for sourcing assets which would both match the reforged engine BUT add some more variety for slightly more contemporary looking human units, buildings, and doodads. These don't have to look like literal 2021 North America, but something which can get across the scenario of an inter-human political conflict. If that's not a realistic custom scenario idea, then the other line of thought I was wondering is if other people would share opinions on which Blizzard factions & assets in the existing reforged engine would best be repurposed to adapt a tongue-in-cheek scenario based on a storming of a capitol building with a Trump analogue optional to play somehow (Maybe have that be one player, and the federal government stand in for the classic LOAP "police" player?).