• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea Dicussion : Mission 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Ok.. here it is
We start at upper right
now the change that I like to mention here is that, instead of having to built a base.
it's better to find a already Existing one (Unknown)
cause if we are to built a base and Train units the question may arrive Where did we find recruits ??

Suggested Enemies on the Mission : Trolls or Continuation of RazNarak's Skeletons or both, and many Undead

Mission will be find a way out, and while finding we find one of the towns(under attack) and then becomes our base

My Idea is to have more than 1 Elven Settlement (Red spots mark them)
saving all of them can be Optional Quest
Reward after saving all villages can be 1 or 2 Carts (I suggest 1)
The non Goldmine Settlements can be like small outposts don't need to have more than 2 Towers 1 Building in them.

Main Quest can be Slay a Hero/Boss or Destroy a Base at the Bottom Left.

Level 9
the Mission has a bit less stuff to make it unique and different but with a few more brainstorming and Idea Tweeks I think we can come up with something

( Yellow Circles with Redlines are suggested places for Settlements) (Filled Yellow is Gold Mine) (White are Enemy Spots) (Orange Marks Enemy HQ/main Base)

197019-albums4413-picture44804.jpg

Please do give your Suggestions, Opinions and Ideas over it.

Level 10
I think we probably will use the Forest Trolls though. Maybe some of Rajz'narak's Undead, just not a lot of them. Idea of the main quest at the moment is pretty vague, apparently.

But the layout, it's simple, but it works. (I feel like I'm about to say "Approved. 3/5." :D)

Level 4
I think i might have a good idea, this might be 'dumb' but you can capture the troll leader and ask for a safer way out towards Quel'thalan and he lives and all.
You could also have it that undead come out of the caves and attack your base and trolls base from time to time to make it more interesting.

OR

You can capture the troll leader and have him hostage and take him and your elves through the forest so the other trolls don't harm you anymore.

Like the last orc mission in Reign of Chaos how you gotta capture Grom.

Level 9
Originally Posted by MrStormyZ
Redlines are suggested places for Settlements

Red rectangles are bases too, just without gold mines.
Red Boxes is what I meant, and I mean having about 4-5 Outposts/Settlements there which we need to save, The map Size is pretty big and we can fit in quests like that easily.

The idea with the trolls isn't very suiting imho, as the Alliance and Horde had never co-operated with each other in any way before they meet the "Oracle" as per the story
Trolls one way or another belong to the Horde, though having something like
an Old Elf Soul who died fighting there thousands of years ago
or some Bandit Leader guy can be a better idea
I'd recommend Bandit or maybe some Hostage who was held by the Enemy ? anything can do there ( this can be our 2nd hero too if we wish)

Level 9
Got another Idea, it's a bit unstable and will require some work
as we get up the mountain from our Exit from North East, we find an Alliance/Elven Outpost being attacked by (which ever enemy we chose) as we save it they obviously become ours and they tell us about 2 settlements one north and on east, both are being attacked by the enemy, Quest can be Save S1 or Save S2
I say Both bases should have a bit difference in the Buildings
like one can have more Military/production units and the other can more Casters/production (this is untold)
and that can determine on which kind of army we get to face the enemy on the mission
also like to mention the Quest saving all outposts which gives us a cart, both the settlement with Gold mine have to be separated from this Quest for it to function properly.
another idea I had is having an Allied Hero (Just for this mission) in one of the Bases, (means we get it only if we save the Base where the Hero in)

Level 4
that is actually pretty awesome, if you fit my idea you can use that to introduce the troll leader (whether the undead is attacking and he kills them and tries to kill elves or he attacks a settlement).

I have another idea, this can fit MrStormyZ's idea with the new hero too. I think that the high elf hero you help and helps you goes with you (until mission 4 or something(if you read my idea for Mission 1, you'd understand)) and he goes into the cave in attempt to kill Rajz'narak. Later on comes out an Anti-Elf high lord/general (Idea i've had for a while).

Level 7
for rajanarak the necromancer, i think it a good idea.maybe we can do a timer like the rajanarak army attack us.for the trolls,maybe we can use dark troll cause they got source of dark magic.
edit 1:i think the orange palce in the map we can put dark troll HQ and they got the scout troll group that watch the enemy.

Level 10

Chapter 2: Attack on the Gnolls

After the High Elven Captain emerges from the cave and into the Plaguelands, he travels through an Elven village on his way to Quel'Thalan and it is being attacked by Gnolls.

A powerful Gnoll Magi possessed a pack of wolves to help them destroy the village, but something went wrong with the spell. The pack of wolves ordered the rest of the Gnolls to obey him and the Wolf Great Knight took control. Now, his warriors, the Black Fur Hunters, have taken over the village and now the Great Knight has killed the Gnolls leader and has a camp somewhere in the woods. Hunt him down, but beware, the Great Knight obtained a Spell Book when he killed the Gnoll Leader. The Gnoll Leader was a powerful warlock and the book he was carrying had the knowledge to summon Wolf allies. This was used by the Gnolls to create Wolves to fight for him. Now it is in the hands of a Black Fur Great Knight.

-Idea by ImperialShadow

Level 9
Yes I understand that, the Idea isn't terrible but it simply isn't that sensible or good, Gnolls as mentioned and agreed by most didn't suite that place, the layout of the mission is still same, just enemies are different with a few developments
one way or another the Missions have to be unique and fun to play.

Level 5
Hmm. Forest Trolls, huh?

Well! Maybe a group of "Rajz'narak's Undead Trolls". The idea of Undead Trolls has already been used in World of Warcraft, meaning it isn't completely new. Perhaps, if you do Rajz'narak's Undead Trolls as a group of enemies, you can trick the trolls / undead trolls to charging into eachother while you sneak past?

Level 4
how do we use the idea?
The map for Mission 2 was made for base and kill and all, not sneaking past.
Undead trolls is pretty good but you woul'nt make them fight eachother or other trolls. Rajz'narak controlled orcs not trolls so it'd be bettter IN MY OPINION that we stick with what we had (ordinary forest trolls). Apart from that very... different.

Level 9
@Epic a Bit agreed to it... But

The size of the map is 160x160 it has a lot of space for many things, at the moment it's not confirmed to get Rajznarak further from mission 1 (just in discussion)
Undead Trolls in a way can do, cause if we see the Wc3 Lore the Orcs and Trolls were together and served the Burning Legion, we can simply add that the trolls got killed there too and they were revived by Raznarak as well.

Level 7
agree.taht was idea i wan say lol.Raznarak the Dark reviver XD.He revived anything that useful.
edit 1:for mission 2,The main enemy we can use dark troll.The dark Troll leader call the dark troll magi to summon the Great wolves knight and Great Wolves hunter

Level 10
_

MrStormyZ said:
at the moment it's not confirmed to get Rajznarak further from mission 1 (just in discussion)
Here I'll confirm it for you. Confirmed. Have a nice day! :)

MrStormyZ said:
cause if we see the Wc3 Lore the Orcs and Trolls were together and served the Burning Legion
Wait, Trolls served in the Burning Legion? Since when? Most campaigns with the Fel Orcs/Chaos Orcs don't have Trolls in them too.

ImperialShadow said:
for mission 2,The main enemy we can use dark troll.The dark Troll leader call the dark troll magi to summon the Great wolves knight and Great Wolves hunter
Hey, um, didn't I see that Dark Troll idea on here once before? Actually its the idea on the thread right now. Your contributing something that already up just to let you know.

Oh, and don't double post unless you absolutely have to. In other words, don't spam my group or I'll delete it.

Level 5
Time for morreee ideas from me!

"Before the noble Dalos fled to Quel'Thalan, a group of trolls had attacked the necromancer in hate. As the trolls were twisted by his magic, possesed by his ghosts, and revived as skeletons, they slowly were pressed out to assimalate the other trolls into his power. Battles between the two groups of trolls are still common in this land . . ."

- Choice 1 for this Mission : Stealth

-"Dalos thinks carefully, telling his troops to start battles between the undead trolls and trolls and sneak past in the fire."

- Choice 2 for this Mission : War

-"Dalos decides to build a base and destroy the other races within the area, ordering his troops to defeat the trolls."

- Choice 3 for this Mission : A Small Treaty

- "Dalos sends out an emmesary to the forest trolls. You join them in fighting the threat that is the Undead Trolls, at the cost that they must leave this area of land."

Level 3
I like Will's idea.

Although I think there needs to be a catch to option 3, it seems the easiest and therefore probrably the most picked.

For options 1 and 2, maybe have a secret hero that hates trolls, and won't approach them on option 3 because they allied with the trolls. Or something else like that.

Level 5
"However, if you choose option 3, it is made clear that the trolls will follow you on your journey through the land, making small camps wherever your travel . . . "

- Your men will have to face an additional troll camp every mission except when fighting Sylvanas or protecting yourself from a seige.

Level 10
ImperialShadow said:
i only found 1 for undead troll and slayer stormy say i can spam in this group lol
Yeah, and I say you can't and I say I make those kind of decisions around here.

ImperialShadow said:
i choose option 2.maybe we can add some elves alies that camp here and were attack by the trolls
LOL! That's an option you are supposed to choose in-game!

Arisaitou said:
Don't you have one now?
i can re uv and do heavy model edits,

i agree with MrStorm
Uh, no. I'm the Project Lead and Manager. I manage everything (dealing with SoHE) on THW. I have a gigantic thread in the map development and I manage a social group.

EDIT:
Oh, and btw, Rajz'narak was my idea. His entire story on the project thread was all me.

Level 9
@Will
a bit too Simple to Implement in the map :p needs much polishing
and you can't forget about the Undead Running Wild in Lordearon while it happens

@the Trolls Serving Burning Legion, What I meant was the Trolls were apart of the Orcs, the Orcs Served the Burning Legion and so yea I don't think there's much to explain in it

so a Question will arise now is Till when Will RazNarak Survive, when do we get to Kick him in the Nuts :goblin_yeah:

Level 6
and i got an idea for the story!
After awhile they ventured, they found something that regenerates mana if they get near it.
Because of this foundation , some of the high elves started to want this source of infinite mana for them selves, making the high elves war againts themselves.
(THIS STORY should be implemented after some missions)
2 Partway missions:
-(can't think!!)
-Kill rebellions that stole the source.

Level 10
Hmm, that one's sort of, selfish. :D

The High Elves start a rebellion, hm? That idea actually kind of contradicts itself. It's a source of infinite mana, but the rebels want it all to themselves? Why are they trying to hog an infinite source all to themselves? That's the most selfish thing I've ever heard of. And they'll have to share with their fellow rebels, won't they?

So, really in your idea, these "rebels", as you portray them, are hogging an infinite source of mana, but yet share it with their rebel brothers, so they technically are still sharing it, just with a smaller group.

Seems to me with this logic, over time, the rebels would fight amongst each other for this infinite source of mana. And since the source is infinite, I don't see a reason to fight over it. It seems kind of pointless to me.

Level 9
Arg Me Booty! we still serve The Allianze ! We need to Help Em Defend Dalaran OtherWise All will be Lost Me Hearty ! We'll have to Walk the Plank just like the others ARG

and Note people like Grand Marshal Garithos don't "Exist!" Here xD so yea we will still be Alliance in my estimation.

Level 4
nah, i think it's ok the way it was...
The High Elves are fighting for their lives and race, i don't think they would do anything like that when they could:
1. Be last of HE = Have no one to control
2. Have more enemies than allies

Status
Not open for further replies.