• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea : Magic Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
As it is set up I thought about starting a discussing about an Idea which was originally made by ImperialShadow and me

The Idea was originally to have The Magic Carts(The carts used in the Night Elf TFT Campaign on the Mission where we meet the BloodElves ) which are Controlable units as Supplies which are going to be with Dalos and his group until he reaches the destination.
The Quest Behind it could be
All of the Carts or a Certain number of them Must survive.

Originally when the Project was started another Idea was Introduced about having no or Slow Mana Regeneration over our units until we get to the new Homeland,
Here's where the Carts come in play, The Carts will have the Undead Obsidian Statue Spell Which Replenishes mana in a small area, this way the game play will have it's uniqueness and will also show the Players the slight Story feeling of how much Important the SunWell was to the High Elves.

Level 9
The Idea was further Polished to have these in a number
for Example
in Mission 1 we have 1 which is Carried from Mission 1 to Mission 2
in Mission 2 we find 2, if all of them survive we will have 3 of them in Mission 3
IF 1 of them gets destroyed only 2 will be with us in Mission 3

another Idea I came up with was to have 2 Way quests (with the Reward being unrevealed )
For Example
Kill Unit A or Kill Unit B
if we Kill A we get an Extra Cart
If we Kill B we get an Item/Artifact

This will Increase Replay Value and will have it's uniqueness all the way

Please do give out your Thoughts, Opinions and Ideas over it ^^

Level 4
that is actually very good, i have been staying with that anyway so yea. You seem to gain an army along the journey which means you need more and more. I really like this.

Level 5
Sounds like a really cool idea. Perhaps give them a maximum of say, 50,000 mana. Every time they grant mana it takes 1 mana. That means they can give 50,000 mana. When they run out, perhaps they can suicide themselves to explode and deal magic damage?

Or perhaps have mana carts have mana as units, where they drop out a unit that makes four glyphs of mana around it when placed then dies when all the glyphs are removed, with 50 glyphs in it, then when all the glyphs are removed, it acts as a transport?

I don't know, trying to give ideas to make up for my recent inactivity.

Level 4
Sounds like a really cool idea. Perhaps give them a maximum of say, 50,000 mana. Every time they grant mana it takes 1 mana. That means they can give 50,000 mana. When they run out, perhaps they can suicide themselves to explode and deal magic damage?

That was my favourite idea, the other was iffy but this one i liked alot.
The triggerers will have to do most of that though but yea...

Level 9
50000 mana is a bit too much :p
I believe the players can do with like 1000 mana per cart each Mission if the no mana idea is adopted from Mission 2
the Explosion idea is also good but the carts are supposed to survive as planned by us so yea maybe something else like a 600 mana Spell which does 300 damage to everything around it including itself (if it's Hp is less than 350 then the amount of damage can be changed)

Level 4
well, to make it survive longer we can have checkpoint kinda things (Fountain of Mana) to heal the Mana Carts like on the 2nd orc level on RoC.
But obviously we'd only have that if it were a mission similar to Orc 02 RoC.
If it's like bases and all just have fountains of mana lying around like on Undead 03 RoC (Behind trees and stuff).

Level 5
Well, with my idea it'd kind've be like ---

1. You need a decent amount of gold to use. 2000g every time. Every time that they use this, it takes 2000 extra gold. If they use this 5 times, the mana cart explodes.

2. Every time they take damage, perhaps have the maximum health be reduced by the amount of damage they take.

Level 9
Ok guys before this Idea goes Heywaya
I'd like to Explain it briefly again
The Carts Represent Water from the sunwell itself as per our Lore and the Elves after the Sunwell being Destroyed are not ABLE TO REGENERATE ANY MANA,
for this task the Carts will help the Elves each mission, they are a must to survive otherwise the Elves wouldn't be able to use any spell as they do, The Carts are also planned to be Carried from Mission to Mission, like if we have 2 Cart in Mission 1 and finish the mission we get to Mission 2 with 2 Carts, If we find one more cart or Lose a Cart we will carry 1 Less cart to the next mission.

Level 10
Wait, you were saying leave it the way it was before. :S

Anyway, of course we plan to have side quests that will give us various rewards and one of those various rewards will probably be a mana cart.

Actually, now that I think of it, didn't someone have an idea of an Optional Quest that would reward the player with a mana cart already? Well, I know that idea was mentioned once before.

Status
Not open for further replies.