• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idea Discussion : Mission . . . 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Mission 3

With the fall of the Sunwell, the elves living near Quel'Thalas were devastated. In the depression, they couldn't figure out what to do and least cared even if they were to get killed, so it comes to Good ol' Dalos to rally them up and as most of them are unable to use any magic, he needs to provide them with weapons and lead them to the Capital city of Dalaran.

You must go around to 4-6 different High Elf Villages and rescue the villagers there. Your main quest will be to fight off all of the invaders attempting to overrun the villages.

Are we sticking to this? Are we revising this like we did on Mission Two? What are we doing with it? Should we think of different ideas? Or is this one we will keep?

:goblin_jawdrop::goblin_wtf::goblin_jawdrop::fp::fp::fp::goblin_boom:

Level 10
About the loading screens, I'll probably end up doing the majority of those, but if anyone would like to help, they are more then welcome to. Mini maps as a loading screen... I don't know, but that does give me an idea. Maybe take screenshots of the overview of the maps in the editor and draw like lines and stuff like the Blizz' campaigns. I don't know though, that might not look good. Well, I guess I just really don't know. :D Haven't really got that far.

Like your idea for M3. Sounds like something to spice the map up a little. :)

Level 6
Quel,thalas Map
Quelthalas-1-.jpg

Lorderon map
carte_lordaeron.jpg

Level 5
Oquen inspired me for an idea.

On your travels down the road to save villagers, you notice a moving Necropolis, a swarm of ghouls and acolytes around it. It is lead by a lich who wears the royal cloaks of Quel'Thalas.

Your men are insufficient to kill them, but it will soon arrive to a large town. Bandits stand in it's way, unknowing of it's passing.

You stand with around three choices.

- Stand with the bandits and the city men at the entrance of the city, hoping for your ability to defeat them.
- Lay in ambush, hoping to kill as many as you can before it reaches the city where the rest of your forces will finish them off.
- Leave the men to die, thus proving yourself an unkind and dark leader.

I'd have two branches of each of the choices, going like this. If you stand with them at the city, one of three things can happen.

- You defeat the enemy, your men dying and the bandits pissed. You must try to either make a deal with them, kill them, or attempt to calm them down through a different means. Depending on how you do it, you can get either a Farmer Hero or a Bandit Hero.

If you lay in ambush, one of two things can happen.

- The necropolis is shattered, and the lich scared for his unlife. You may torture him for information, or attempt to get him to join your side for the time being.

And if you leave the men to die, I'd say you can find some gold cache or something, guarded by Sylvanas' Apprentice.

Idea: Perhaps her mother was best friends with Sylvanas and one day, a group of enemies (maybe Bandits for instance) raided Quel'Thalas. They pillaged the villagers' homes and injured many of the townspeople, only to steal from them and raid their homes.

Eventually, the guards of Quel'Thalas run off the Bandits, and everyone remains outside, in despair about everything that they have lost. Meanwhile, the apprentice is but a child, standing next to her mother, who was mercilessly slaughtered by the Bandits. And the only valuable thing that remains her that the Bandits did not get a chance to steal is the apprentice's mother's pendant.

The apprentice takes the pendant and becomes Sylvanas' apprentice, who has sworn to avenge the child of her mother's death by teaching the apprentice everything her knows to allow the apprentice to go to the Bandit Lord and kill him herself.

Quote is from the project leader.

Level 9
I did bring in those maps on the main thread earlier (last year xD)
I like the bandit's Idea but I'd recommend we leave it with less alternations which will have the same/similar ending just with minor/item changes or something
cause all of those involve triggers which is where were lacking as HeLL

Level 4
well, I wouldn't say those ideas are bad.
They are pretty good actually.

Ognjen19:Your Necro human idea isn't bad at all, but we need more information like why he betrayed them ect. But your idea gave me an idea.

Why not make it that you find a High Elf (Appears to be a Mage of some kind but looks dark and suspicous) and he walks up to you and begs you for help then he just stops then he looks up and says 'There is no escape... It is pointless for me to drag you all into my mess' then says 'I will say this once and only once so listen carefully. The undead are more messed up then you can imagine. I was one of you but now I am just a succes experiment to the Undead. If you are to battle them and fail do NOT stay alive if there is no hope of saving yourself, kill yourself! If they want to capture you you will become a Monster like me... then... ''These....voices.....AAARRRGGHH... then he gets teleported away.

But the cool thing is that in later levels you verse him because he is with the Undead. He is corrupted by Extra-Concentrated Blight and only half of victims escaped. Obviously the undead would make sure that doing so was worth the trouble so he will be strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.